𝟎𝟗

A/N || what I was made for -- billie
matilda -- harry
for real this time -- gracie
play them and trust

𝐈 𝐰𝐨𝐤𝐞 𝐮𝐩 𝐮𝐩𝐬𝐞𝐭. I couldn't place why, or what could have triggered it this time, but regardless, it took me a while to even convince myself out of bed. 

When I finally did step foot out of bed, my knees buckled under me and I sunk to the floor. I just sat there with my knees pulled to my chest and head buried like it would block out the noise in my head. 

My fingers brushed against the tiny scar on my knee and I was immediately pulled out of the safety of my room. I had entered the once golden memories that have since been drained of all their brightness and shredded to pieces. I was 8 in this one. 

"Oh honey are you okay?" Susannah asked as I came in the back door crying. She had immediately come over to me and brushed my hair out of my face and then the dirt off my shirt. 

"I hurt my knee," I said between sniffles and breathless laughs. I've never been good with taking pain seriously, I have a habit of laughing whenever bad things happen to me. Any type of comedy to distract myself and everyone else away from how bad it might actually be.

"Come sit," she ushered and pulled out a barstool. "What happened Ken?" Susannah questioned and before I could answer the two boys rushed through the back door. 

"Is she okay?" Jer asked at the same time Con said, "Sorry I didn't mean to hurt you Ken."

"We were just messing around and I got dropped on the rocks, I'm fine though," I said and Susannah sent a 'seriously' glare at Conrad before softening her expression.

"It's okay guys, Con will you grab the first aid kit please, and Jer come sit over here while I get towels," she said and both boys did as they were told. Jer sat on the stool next to me and held my hand in an attempt to distract me.

"If it makes you feel any better, you looked pretty cool fighting Conrad until he dropped you," he joked and I laughed.

"I definitely was going to win too," I agreed and he smiled.

"Obviously," he stated in a tone that I could at the time only describe as if he had said it a million times before. 

I had almost forgotten that my knee was bleeding out until Suze and Con came back into the room. Susannah had a secretive smile on her face and Conrad just looked concerned as he set the box on the table. Her face dropped back to concerned as she put rubbing alcohol on a paper towel. 

"This is gonna hurt sweetheart, but we have to make sure it's clean," she said softly and I nodded in understanding before looking over at Jeremiah.

He squeezed my hand and I offered him a half smile. 

"Fu-rick," I corrected myself as the rubbing alcohol came into contact with my knee and it made the two boys giggle and Susannah give me a playful smile. The moment didn't last long though because my knee felt like it was on fire. My hold on Jeremiah's hand tightened and I winced. 

Conrad offered me a hand for my other hand and I took it, holding both boys hands as she did another round of rubbing alcohol.

"I would've won if you didn't drop me," I smiled to Con and he rolled his eyes.

"Yeah right Kensie," he said and I squeezed his hand in retaliation.

"Stop calling me that," I replied and then winced at the burning again.