𝟏𝟎

𝐈'𝐥𝐥 𝐚𝐝𝐦𝐢𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐈 𝐝𝐢𝐝𝐧'𝐭 𝐭𝐚𝐥𝐤 𝐭𝐨 𝐉𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝟐 𝐝𝐚𝐲𝐬 𝐚𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐈 𝐫𝐚𝐧 𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐨 𝐡𝐢𝐦 𝐢𝐧 𝐂𝐨𝐮𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐬. I didn't even want to talk to him on the third, but the text I got from Conrad made me go to their beach house. All it read was this:

𝐌𝐄𝐒𝐒𝐀𝐆𝐄𝐒:

𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐬 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐫𝐚𝐝

𝐤𝐞𝐧𝐬 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐚 𝐝𝐨𝐥𝐥

𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐬 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐫𝐚𝐝

I didn't tell u earlier but
the house is for sale.
I want you to be here when
we talk to dad and try to figure 
out a plan. please. 

𝐤𝐞𝐧𝐬 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐚 𝐝𝐨𝐥𝐥

be there in 5

-

So I got in my car and made it to their house in 4 minutes. I took the last minute to compose myself before grabbing my emotional support water bottle and going inside. 

I made an effort to not look at my boyfriend when I walked into the kitchen where everyone was. By everyone I mean Jer, Conrad, and Belly. All my favorite people right now !!

I didn't say anything at the stunned Jer and Belly who clearly weren't expecting me and sat down at the counter by Conrad. 

"Glad you came," he said and threw an arm over my shoulders in a half hug. 

"Ken, hey," Jer said after finally snapping out of his trance. I looked at him, raised an eyebrow, and tilted my head up in greeting. If I open my mouth I'm scared I'll tell him to go fuck himself. "Can we talk?" he asks and I shook my head.

"That's not what I'm here for," I replied monotonously and he nodded in defeat.

"What are you here for?" Isabel asked and I grinned, but before I could say anything Con spoke up.

"I invited her, it's her house as much as it is ours," he stated and Belly shrunk a little bit. I bit my tongue and drummed my fingers on the counter top, trying to distract myself from this awkward nightmare. 

The four of us sat in awkward silence for a little longer before I got up to look in the fridge. They usually had this thing stocked with drinks, but it was harrowingly empty. I looked back at Conrad and he shrugged, "We'll go later," he offered and I shrugged back.

"Yeah alright, so when's this call?" I asked and Jer spoke up.

"20 minutes," he said and I didn't look at him as he spoke directly to me.

"I'm gonna go float in the pool," I said to nobody in particular and walked out the side doors. 

I was still in a swimsuit because I had rushed from home where I'd been tanning outside. I got that text and threw on a big shirt and shorts and then dipped, my clothes the last thing on my mind. That being said, I'm glad I have an excuse now that I'm here. 

I took off the shirt and shorts and laid on one of the pool floats, trying to calm down the mood I was thrown into. I left my phone on the side of the pool playing music, so now it was just me, where the hot wind blows (tyler the creator & lil wayne), and my thoughts. 

That is, until the door opened and my boyfriend was sitting on the edge of the pool, legs in the water, waiting until I acknowledged him. 

"What's up?" I asked and turned my head to look at him from the floatie. He looked down at the water and then back up to me, fiddling his fingers. Oh he's nervous, interesting.