CH 1 | MARRY ME

Made a Spotify playlist for this series

Made a Spotify playlist for this series. You can scan the Spotify code and enjoy reading.
-

------

Sauntering through the hallways of the skyscraper on the thirtieth floor of the building named 'The Kim Industries', my hands were hanging down my flanks while one of the secretaries was escorting me to the office of the president. He is respected and feared in equal measures but not for me.

The clacking sound of the heels against the frigid black marble flooring was echoing through the hallways while my heart was hammering inside my ribcage as the rage inside me was hanging somewhere between my head and heart.

All I could do was nothing. I don't even know why he called me here, in his empire. I could feel his icy demeanor lingering inside his building.

My heartbeat accelerated in a jiffy as the secretary who was walking before me halted his steps in front of a lavish black door, having a vast gold handle attached to it. This is the first time I came here and all I could think of is his visage, the way he looks at me with his deep, yet captivatingly lunar eyes.

His eyes, resembling rich chocolate orbs, possessed a captivating charm reminiscent of a bewitching enchantment. However, his overall demeanor stood in stark contrast to his majestic physique and striking countenance.

He snatched everything from me.... I came out of my reverie when the secretary knocked on the black door and we heard a muffled sonorous voice from inside the cabin, "Come in." I gulped down as the secretary didn't waste a second pushing the door open for me to enter inside.

I exhaled deeply, twitching my head upward to observe the man standing with his back facing me in the softly illuminated room, his figure silhouetted against the glass window. He was donned in a white shirt tucked inside his black pants, pocketing his hands inside the pocket of his pants.

The view of the surrounding buildings stretched out before us, creating a panoramic scene, with the moonlight delicately filtering through, casting a subtle and understated glow.