CH 7 | I WILL SHOW YOU

I felt him gliding his vast palm over my flank and back while we both stood in the hall's center

I felt him gliding his vast palm over my flank and back while we both stood in the hall's center. The room was serene but just the soft music filled the serene atmosphere as I could feel my heart hammering against my chest like beating a drum with the sticks. The room was dingy, just the spotlights were emphasizing us.

Taehyung's lunar orbs traced down into mine while my hazel ones looked back without breaking my eye contact even for a second. We were asked by the anchor to perform a special dance.

This wasn't what I came here for. I should have said no but this guy in front of me, without thinking a second or listening to me, took me here in the center of the hall and all I could do was nothing.

Why the hell I can't do anything? I don't want this guy to control my already falling life. But looking into his orbs makes me think the opposite. His orbs are enchanting for some reason and I am not able to understand, What are his eyes up to?

Just as the song started while the rhythmic music reached my eardrum, My clutch on his shoulder tighten before beginning to move with the rhythm. I could feel him pulling me closer to himself making my breath hitch as I looked up into his orbs with wide eyes.

My body was acting up on its own as my feet were moving in sync with his, I wasn't feeling nervous or perturbed but at ease. Something about his touch took me in, Was he right when he said I was getting comfortable holding his hand? No, This can't be. He is no one to me.

One of the strands of my braids made its way over my visage, hindering the view, His view.... Before I could tuck the strand of my tresses back, I felt him stretching his hand before he held my hand, halting me midway.

Making me wrap my hands around his neck as the next seconds he elongated his hand near my visage while I could feel the tips of his fingers skimming over the apple of my cheek as he tucked my tresses behind my ear.

I blinked looking back into his orbs while letting out a long breath before gulping down a lump in my throat as I could feel my throat getting dry by passing second. I could feel the herd of elephants jumping in my stomach.

I parted my lips as I muttered, "Don't touch me." I whispered as he closed his eyes for a second before leaning against my ear while we were moving leisurely with the beats.

"Oh! really? Care to tell me how we dance without touching your partner." He whispered in his hoarse voice, his warm breath trailing down my jaw and neck. I could feel my breath getting uneven as I retorted, "We are partners only on papers. Remember it." I raised one of my eyebrows while whispering, "Of course. I do remember Mrs. Kim."

Another adrenaline gushed down when he called me, Mrs. Kim. I took a deep breath as I could feel him twirling me around with my waist just like any professional would do before pulling me closer to himself as my back touched his chest. I discerned the other couples joining us on the dance floor.