CH 6 | MRS. KIM

“His gaze was staring through my soul while his orbs didn’t leave mine even for a jiffy

His gaze was staring through my soul while his orbs didn’t leave mine even for a jiffy. His lunar orbs were shimmering with the amber rays of the chandelier hanging up in the hall's center, illuminating light. Everything seemed blurry except him and his gaze was bewitching.” You thought.

Elongating his hand toward you, Taehyung looked at you to slide your hand in his and you reluctantly did before stepping down the last step of the staircase. Gazing into each other's orbs, you could feel drawing in his captivating ones.

“Just stop it here, Y/n. He is your enemy.” You thought. “Stop it, Taehyung. She is just your enemy, nothing else.” The sentence rushed through Taehyung’s mind.

You all heard the lavish door of the hall opening and the heavy sound of the footsteps reached your eardrums when your and Taehyung's as well as all the pair of eyes were directed towards the man who entered the hall making your heart sink.

You could feel your stomach churning up as your heart started accelerating in an instant. Gulping down a lump in your throat you let out a whisper, “Uncle Lee?” You were too shocked to see him here, "Why is he here? I didn't invite him."

You let out a shaky breath before twitching your orbs back at Taehyung who almost instantly looked at you at the same time as you let out a whisper yell, "What is he doing here? Did you invite him?" You asked in a whisper with your furrowed eyebrows while he raised one of his eyebrows.

"Why would I? I think your uncle likes to invade someone's party without any invitation." He sucked in his teeth when you turned around as your gaze met the dark ones of uncle Lee Lim.

He was donned in an all-black shirt and suit jacket along with the pants as his dark and cunning aura was resonating all over the dingy hall while the other spotlight was following his heavy footsteps making your heartbeat race, “I don’t know why is he even here? I just don’t like his aura.” You thought to yourself as Lee Lim halted his steps just in front of you and Taehyung with his assistant and secretary standing behind him.

A simper approached his visage as soon as his eyes met your perplexed yet plucky ones before he said, “Oh my niece is getting married and didn’t invite me to her wedding?” He asked in an annoyed and questionable tone.

You squint your eyes before whispering, “Why would I? After our meet from the day before yesterday?” You retorted while Taehyung raised one of his brows as your hold over his hand stiffened, “Even if she is afraid, she doesn’t lose her courage. That is what makes her different from others.”

Taehyung was looking at you with his ardor orbs as he threw a glare at Lee Lim who had his eyebrows furrowed after you answered him back. But soon his expression turned vacant when he twitched his orbs toward Taehyung, “So you are the one who encouraged her into this wedding, hmm?”