Chapter 41 - Let it burn

WORD COUNT - 1940

WORD COUNT - 1940

------------

Alicia's P.O.V

"Liss can we please talk?"

"There's really nothing to talk about" I shrugged, looking out of the window as we continued our journey to the next location.

I had sat in the back with Felix and Jisung while Minho and Chan sat in the front, Chan driving this time as I did my absolute best to ignore his looks through the mirror.

"Look maybe this is a private conversation you guys need to have"

"Yeah I don't really think this is the best time to discuss it"

"Gotta say boss, I agree with them, we gotta focus on the task at hand. We're all here, no one's hurt and we're just working together to finish this" Minho, Felix and Jisung chatted among themselves, trying to sway the subject on as I rolled my eyes.

If I'm honest, I don't think it's a conversation I ever want to have.

Ignoring the muttering I continued to look out of the window. The sky now changing to its orangey, red evening setting as the sun began to set. I knew word would've spread about the St Lauren's place being took down. The rest of the Mafia would be on the hunt for us even more so now. We needed to finish this sooner than later.

As I turned around to look over my shoulder I noticed the car behind didn't belong to any of our guys. In fact we were definitely being followed by someone unwanted.

"Um guys"

"What? What's wrong?" Chan was the first to answer, sounding relieved to hear anything from me as I shook my head.

"We're being followed, you gotta lose them" as I said the words I noticed the car behind speed up a little to gain on us, tailing us from behind as I could make out the guys in front were wearing black ski masks.

"Speed up now!" I shouted, grabbing onto Felix and Jisung, ushering them to get down as shots began to fire at our vehicle. My hand gripping on to the seat in front.

In an instant Chan slammed his foot down on the accelerator, while Minho took cover behind his chair, reloading his own gun before leaning himself out of the window, trying to aim at the car behind.

"What happened to the other guys? Where'd they go?" Felix asked, also clutching his gun as he tried to catch a glimpse of the wing mirror on Minho's side. Chan now swerving around a corner, the 3 of us in the back holding onto our seats.

"They can't be far, we need to focus on getting rid of these guys first" I answered also trying to look in the wing mirror but on Chan's side instead.

They were of course gaining on us once again, Chan's focus steady on the road as he began to swerve around more corners in an attempt to lose them down the back roads, but unfortunately nothing was seeming to work.