Chapter 42 - Torn between Two worlds

A/N; as a proud StayTiny I demand you stream both Stray Kids and Ateez's new albums because they're top tier and full of absolute bangers, you're welcome xo

WORD COUNT - 2216

-------------

Alicia's P.O.V

Everything was set in place and ready to drive out whoever hid inside the Choi family mansion.

I nodded to Changbin, and we started to tip over the diesel and chuck some through the windows, determined to scorch this place to the ground. We wanted to make sure it burned all the way to ashes, no stone left unturned.

Chan stood ready with a match in his hand and the blow torch in the other, awaiting to set it alight.

The eerie silence was deafening. We had everyone assembled at the front of the building, and I was certain they could see us on the security camera or through the windows. Yet for some reason we hadn’t heard any gunshots or yelling from behind the walls. I couldn’t shake this uneasy sense that we were being watched, that something terrible was waiting for us within.

Once the place was flooded with the diesel, Chan lit the match and flicked it, setting the place alight in seconds. He smirked to himself, watching it for a moment before I grabbed his arm, pulling him back out of the way, behind one of the trucks with a view of everything happening in front of us.

"Come out come out wherever you are" Jeongin called as I couldn't help but giggle. They had to show themselves now, if they were hiding inside.

Within a matter of seconds the front door opened, men rushed out holding their guns among the fire as they began shooting at us.

"Take them out" Chan ordered. As we began to take aim and fire at those who had decided to break free from the fire. That gave us an advantage as everyone that came through the fire were immediately disoriented, burnt or on fire themselves.

I had an idea to go around the back, taking Felix, Changbin, Yeonjun, Yoongi and Jeongin with me.

"I'll see you on the other side" I spoke, softly kissing Chan's cheek as the 6 of us made a break for it to get round the back, where surely enough, more of the Choi men were waiting.

Quickly darting to take cover behind a nearby outdoor bar I held my gun tightly, awaiting the right time to shoot. The others fired their guns at the enemy's, while I counted the bullets being shot by them. Once I knew the opposing team was reloading I took my chance to run at them, the boys following close behind as we were able to shoot every last one of them. Looking around I noticed the numbers still didn't add up, so far I had only seen around 15-20 men, where was everyone else?

Interrupting my thoughts I heard an intense groan from the floor beside me. One of the men I had shot was still alive, and suffering greatly. Several bullet wounds in his leg and it looks as though he had injured his head amongst the fighting.

I bent down, grabbing his shirt as I turned him to face me.

"Where are they? Where's San" I glared, as the guy smirked to himself, making me feel uneasy.

"They've gone to help the Morelli's, they've gone to plan your downfall...Alicia, you don't stand a chance" He chuckled before starting to cough up blood, annoyed I pushed him back to the floor, signalling to Felix to end his suffering. As I turned my back I heard the gun shot echoing, a single loud bang. My body froze, not even flinching from the sound as I has became so used to it.

"So...what do we do Alicia?" Yeonjun asked as I frowned.

Those words put me on edge, yet I couldn’t shake the sense that the men weren’t here. They had to know we were coming today. It was as if they were watching us, waiting for our every move…