☆one year later☆

WORD COUNT - 1236

WORD COUNT - 1236

.
.
.

I look around the room, taking it all in, a sense of peace washes over me as I settle into our new surroundings. I finally feel like I can breathe, and the anxiety and stress from our last home have finally faded away, leaving me free to feel as happy and peaceful as I once did.

Everything that I’ve been through over the past year is finally behind me now, and I can move forward into the next stage of my life with the man I love at my side.

There are times where I still think of San...his treachery but at the same time his sacrifice for me. My heart aches a little but I'm at peace with what he did, to save me...to save us all.

I lean back on the couch, savouring the moment of peace and tranquility that fills this new space. It's been a long time since I've been able to truly relax, and the comfort I feel from being in this home is impossible to describe.

As my hand rests on my growing baby bump, I can feel the movements from within and it fills my heart with joy. For the first time in a long time, I feel truly free.

"Not long now little one" I whispered, running my hand over the bump which earned a kick or two back from  the baby, instantly making me giggle.

Who knew that in a years time I would be here. Enjoying a peaceful life, in a beautiful home with the man of my dreams and a baby on the way.

"How's my two beautiful girls doing?" I smiled at the familiar voice entering the room from the kitchen.

My Knight in shining armour, looking as gorgeous as ever as he leant down to press a sweet kiss to my forehead.

"Much better now you're here

"And how's my littlest princess...I hope you're not giving mummy too much of a hard time" He knelt down, now speaking to my stomach as I ran a hand through his hair, gushing at the sight of him.

"Daddy can't wait to meet you" He whispered, kissing my stomach as the baby only kicked in response which made us both laugh.

"You're going to be the best Daddy, I just know it" my heart bursting with pride as I looked into his eyes. A grin forming at his lips as he took my hand in his, squeezing tight before planting a kiss on top.

"I'm so lucky to have you, did I ever tell you that?"

"Hmm, only like a thousand times"

"Better make that a thousand and one" He grinned once more as he leaned over, his lips melting against mine as I hummed into the kiss before pulling away.