Chapter 44 - A Greater Sacrifice

A/N; Part 2 of the ending is finally here, I hope you're ready for this 😳

WORD COUNT - 2509

-----------

Chan's P.O.V

Every thought in my head, every sense of my being, every fiber of my soul, was consumed by one single thing: rage.

My fists clenched, my eyes blazed, and my heart pounded in my chest.

Watching the power Ricardo Morelli held over Alicia made me sick to my stomach.

Knowing he was the man who had raised her and knowing he wanted to end her life so easy made the fire in my rage burn even brighter.

If anyone deserved to die here...it should be him.

The fury in my soul could only take so much, but seeing my sweet Alicia begging for my life on her knees had to have been my final straw.

I strained and struggled against the metal cuffs that scratched against my skin, trying as hard as I could to break free, but it was no use.

She was my entire world and I couldn't lose her.

"Step aside Alicia, I'll kill you next. But first I must deal with the mess I sent you to clean up in the first place, if you weren't so incompetent, maybe I'd find a use for you after all"

"I won't let you do it, I'm the one you want dead right? You're unwanted daughter, the bain of your existence, why even waste a bullet on him? In fact, you could probably use someone like him on your side. Him and his men are capable of killing you all with their bare hands" Alicia fought back, exclaiming everything she could to get him to stop, but again the plan was pointless. Several of the Morelli men began to laugh, including Ricardo himself.

"Capable of doing what with their bare hands? Alicia, may I ask where exactly are they now? Why are they the ones captured, their lives in my hands if they're capable of that much?" He chuckled, a smirk plastered across his lips. I'd of loved nothing more than to slice it off.

"Trust me, they'd end all your men in seconds if they had the chance" I smirked along with her words. They wouldn't hesitate to kill every enemy in sight if they were free. They were my men...no, our men...they'd stop at nothing to protect us.

"Why Alicia that sounds like more of a challenge than a threat. I tell you what, I have a proposition for you...Bang Chan and your men. You'll go one on one, with someone of my choice from all of us here. Each man that survives will stay alongside me. Your men get a chance to either prove that they're useless...or I'll spare their lives and they work under a new leader. The same goes for you, is that clear?" My heart pounded at the thought. There was no way in hell I would ever work for anyone in the Mafia, especially not Ricardo. But this gave myself and all my men the chance to take out as many opponents as possible so we were one step closer to killing the mastermind himself.