Chapter 1 - Good Morning

kyles pov:

I woke up the same as always. Struggling to breath. Sweating from my face and hands and armpits. Staring wide-eyed at the ceiling like a deer in headlights. I hate sleeping so much. Its supposed to be something everyone looks forward to at the end of the day, something supposed to relax your soul, soothe your mind. But for me it was more like hell. Every single night is another nightmare I have to face, no matter what I do, no matter where I sleep, its almost like my body is mocking me.

I stumble out of bed and look at my clock. Half past 7. "School starts in half an hour.. Fuck." I race to slip on some clothes from the pile that's in the corner of my room, slide on my weakly laced shoes and go out to the kitchen. There, my mom is making breakfast.

"Good morning sweetie, I made you some food" she says as she smiles warmly at me. "Thanks ma but I'm really in a rush." I mumble as I pass through the kitchen, grabbing a bit of eggs as I pass by, kissing her on the cheek before making my way to the door. "Oh.." she mumbles. "That's fine baby, have a good day at school", she says trying to sound cheerful, but obviously sad. Ever since her and dad divorced and she lost custody of Ike she hasn't been the same. Its weird really, seeing my once happy mom lose her spark. I try not to think about it too much, to save the extra stress I don't need. I need to focus on my school anyways. I hop in my truck and speed off to school, already dreading the day ahead.
———————————————————————————
Hey guys , you probably might be one of my moots from tik tok (hehe ily). Ty for y'all's great feedback! I'm so motivated to expand this into a full story for y'all so keep telling me your thoughts on my work. In the end of next chapter I'll introduce the main characters fully. I love you pookies ;)