Chapter 38 - Marshall

Tw: Drug Use, Grooming, Violence

Stan's Pov:

The sound of loud talking ticked me off as I tried watching the news channel, which was muted under all the sports and music playing on the other TV's, but conveniently had captions, so you could at least read what they were saying. I got to the bottom of my 5th beer as the name Clyde Donavan came across the screen for the 3rd time today, Jesus christ I've been sitting in this bar all day... fuck it, it's not like I had anything better to do. The funny thing is, I really didn't even feel anything, besides for a slight buzz, I didn't have energy to purposely make myself get drunk, I just wanted to have something to do, and drinking was always that thing. It felt good not having to pretend like I was some changed dude who didn't drink after rehab now that no one knew who I was. I didn't even know what town I was in, but I knew that I wouldn't mind crashing in it for a little while longer. I found this bar right off the highway and couldn't even resist myself, god im so much like my dad. I kept my hood on the whole time, trying to hide anything that could probably get me identified by anyone who might know me, I knew my split dyed hair was a dead giveaway. Probably gonna have to change it soon. I looked at the clock on the wall, 8:53pm. I was probably gonna have to try and go find some motel soon. I looked back at the counter and noticed my keys weren't there, motherfucker. I looked up at the bartender who was cleaning some glasses and started trying to get his attention.
"Yo, bartender... Bartenderrr." I said before he eventually looked up at me and nodded. "My keys? I promise I'm not drunk dude." I said rolling my eyes already knowing how it'd end. "Sorry kid, 5 drink limit for keys." How great, you don't ID me but lord forbid I drink 5 fucking lousy ass beers. "Dude, c'mon. I really need my keys." "Sorry. Can't do." I rolled my eyes before slamming my head onto the bar, which startled some people beside me, and probably caused people to for real think I was drunk or something. 30 seconds later, 2 older dudes approached me, and one patted me on the back. I got up slowly, already annoyed at my situation. "Need a ride kid?" one of the men said as they both looked at me for an answer. "I'm fine, thank you though." I said, not really wanting any interaction. "You know, he's not going to give you back your keys bud. You might as well." He said trying to ease me into it. I knew this dude was probably right, so I looked at him and the other guy, "If he really wont, I guess." I said under my breath, really dreading this. They nodded and began walking to the parking lot, feeling the alcohol a bit more now that I was standing. I lead the guy to my car as the other got into a truck. I felt a bit sick remembering that I had a big bag of drugs and money in the backseat, and at the overall vibe this guy was giving off, but tried to brush the feeling off. I knew I had enough money in my wallet alone to cover the cost of at least one night at some motel, so I wouldn't look suspicious. "So, where's your place?" he said as he pulled out of the parking lot spot. "Uh, I'm not really from here man.. can you just take me to the nearest motel." I said putting my arm on the window seal and resting my head in my hand. "Sure lad... Whats ya name?" He said as he pulled out into the road. "Uh..... Marshall." I said lying, not wanting to give away my name, but not being able to come up with anything unique in the moment. "Marrshaaaall, got it. Where you from bud, you look pretty young." He said laughing a bit with his sentence, I rolled my eyes looking out the window. "Denver." I said quietly. "You're parents ain't looking for ya, are they?" he said laughing again, beginning to get on my nerves. "My parents don't keep in contact." I said trying to get out of the conversation, which really did the opposite. He went on a whole tangent about how when he was around my age the same thing happened, blah blah blah. We drove down the small town streets until we eventually pulled up to some run down motel.