Chapter 32 - Protecting Stan

Tw: Mentions of shootings/blood & violence.

(timeskip back to prom)

Wendy's Pov:

My heart dropped when I suddenly heard Bebe screeching, and so did everyone else's. I don't even know how she noticed what was going on, but when I saw, I immediately knew who it was. I felt a swirl of nausea and fear overtake my stomach and she grabbed my hand and began running towards the altercation. We watched as the masked guy punched Clyde around with no mercy as a group of people formed yelling, making it impossible to make it through and stop what ever was going on. Except, I didn't want to stop it. I found myself smiling watching him cry out in pain only to be met with more pain. I slammed my hand against my mouth pretending I was shocked and horrified, knowing deep down I had the hugest grin. I held Bebe back knowing how he was, when he's pissed and punching, if you try to step in you'll become on of his targets. Still, it felt disgusting hearing my best friend in so much pain from watching the boy shes loved her whole life being treated like some rag doll. As we tried to peer over we heard a loud thud, and a glimpse of Clyde flying into a table as people started screaming and cheering louder, which only made her start trying to push more as I yelled at her to stop. Once we got really close, thats when it happened. I saw the masked guy pull out a fucking gun. My heart sank to my feet as everyone began screaming and trying to back away. I grabbed Bebe's wrist as I heard her scream "NOOOO" before a shot was fired off, and screams of Clyde overruled the screams of the hundreds of kids running out of the building. I tried to run with them but Bebe freed herself from my grip and ran over to her boyfriend. "CLYDE? CLYDE?!!" she screamed as he cried out in pain. I looked around for the gunman, but he was already gone. Please please please.. don't let him get caught. Bebe all of a sudden got god strength, because she picked up the 210 6ft foot kid up with no hesitation, "WE NEED TO TAKE HIM TO THE FUCKING HOSPITAL." she screamed at me with tears in her eyes. I nodded and grabbed the rest of our stuff, her car keys from the table, and we ran outside. Once we started running I noticed all the teachers were outside trying to do damage control or fleeing to their own cars, no wonder no one fucking stopped the fight, these teachers don't fucking care about us. I unlocked the doors and helped shove Clyde into the back, where Bebe sat as well with his head in her lap, as he cried she held his hand and rubbed his head trying to sing to him. I had never seen her this broken, this panicked, I just wish she'd known what he did to me, then she'd just wish he'd burn in hell. I couldn't tell her now, then she'd definitely know who the person who shot him was, I just drove as fast as I could, knowing deep down I wish he'd just die right there.

After a night of sitting in the emergency room waiting area, and Bebe falling asleep on my shoulder, I found myself not being able to sleep at all. Wondering where the fuck Stan was, wondering if anyone else knew it was him, wondering.. why the fuck would he do that.. for me. I get that he's extremely overprotective, and always used to say how he'd kill for me, but usually when guy's say that it's just a metaphor for how much you mean to them, not an actual reality. My thoughts raced as my head span from the lack of sleep, I found myself eventually slowly passing out, until; "Ms Stevens." I jumped up, and shook Bebe's shoulder, until she finally woke up and sat up straight. "Is he okay?" Bebe said looking up at the nurse standing in front of us. She looked around, and signaled to follow her, so we did. We followed her until we made it to a corner of the office where people could not hear. "I'm so sorry to inform you guys that your friend is in critical condition. We're not sure if he'll make it out of this considering he lost a lot of blood." Bebe began crying again as I hugged her tightly. "I know sweetie.. we're doing everything we can to bring him back to stability. If he does eventually reach what we're trying to do, he might not be the same. A vital vein was hit in the fire, which means he will possibly be paralyzed from the waist down. I just had to inform you girls so you didn't have to wonder." Bebe cried into her hands at the news, making me wonder why we had to be woken up for this. "I'm just here to let you girls know, that based off this situation police will be coming soon to question you guys about what happened here tonight, along with a lot of people from the dance. So don't be startled, you're not in trouble, they just want to help you guys find who did this." The nurse put her hand on Bebe's shoulder. "It's going to be okay dear.", then she walked away. Me and Bebe went and sat back down as she cried onto my shoulder, I felt so horrible seeing her like this, yet, I didn't feel shame for anything that happened at all. Within 2 hours, around 6 in the morning, the police arrived just like she had said to pick us up.