Chapter 36 - Then He Woke Up

Kyles Pov:

I woke up from yet another nightmare (I hope), struggling to catch my breath, sweating, my heart racing, staring wide eyed into the distance, except I couldn't see anything. I didn't remember what happened, or where the fuck I was, or if that nightmare was real, but I felt myself panicking.

In the nightmare I remember; Stan came back to my house, telling me he had fucked up really bad. When I let him in, I saw blood streaming down from his body, he had a wound in his stomach, and I remember screaming but he was telling me to be quiet, like it was no big deal. I cried and cried for him asking why he didn't care, but he didn't say anything, he just held me while all his blood got on my shirt and pants. Eventually, somehow his wound transferred itself onto my stomach as well, and I realized I was bleeding out. I looked down and screamed, panicking as I ran around the house to look for a phone, but none. When I came back, Stan was gone. I tried to run out the house, but all the doors and windows were locked. I finally got too weak to move, and slumped down on the floor, crying at how I was just alone, once again. Until it became too much for my body to imagine, and I woke up.

Now that I'm sitting here in this dark rook I have no idea if I'm dead, or where i'm even at. Or where Stan is. Then, I remember everything. I remember Stan breaking into my house. I remember me cutting him with a fucking knife, god what the fuck was wrong with me. I remember having one of the worst panic attacks I've ever had, and.. dying? Oh fuck. I'm fucking dead. I start panicking, my breathing increases again, as I try to move. I can feel i'm in a bed, its soft under my body and there is something drapped over me that feels like a blanket. Hm. I try to get up, but am immediately struck by a sharp pain in the crease of my arm. What the fuck. "Hello?" I started saying repeatedly, as my voice gets louder with desperation. "Hello? Please?!" I say nearly crying by this point. Suddenly, I hear a movement a few feet away on the side of me. "Hello?!!!?" I say fearing for my life at this point, even though I don't think there's much to fear if you're dead. "Whaaaat." I hear a feminine voice mumble. "Hello? Who's there? Where are you?" I say not being able to recognize where it's coming from. "Dude i'm over here." the voice says in an irritated tone. "Who are you?" I say thinking maybe some god is talking to me. "Dude.. are you serious. It's fucking Wendy. I'm tired go to sleep." .. Wendy? Why is Wendy here, and why can't I see her? "You died..?" I say extremely confused as to what's even going on. "Oh my god Ky what the fuck are you talking about." I hear her bark at me as a small lamp turns on beside her. I get a good look at her, it's definitely Wendy. She's looking at me with one eye closed, on some sort of uncomfortable looking couch, with a blanket that doesn't even fully cover her body. Wait.. where the fuck am I. I begin looking around, I finally see my body in an all white robe, with white blankets and white walls, filled with syringe drop offs and a pain scale from 1-10. I look at the right side of me and see a giant IV bag with a tube connected to my arm with fluids running through. How did I get to the hospital?

I look back over at Wendy who's pretty much half asleep already. God does she really not care that I almost died..? "Wendy, what happened? Why am I here?" "Dude, you had some panic attack." She said slurring her words. "Okay but why am I not dead..?" I said rolling my eyes at her sleepiness when I was wide awake. "You can't die from panic attacks dumbass." She said rolling over on the uncomfy couch. I threw my body back in the bed, so confused and mad at the situation, but knowing there was nothing I could do about it. I looked at the clock and tried to read it. 4:53 AM. Jesus. Poor Wendy. I don't know what she had to do with it, but I'm guessing she's the one who brought me here. I looked over at her, she was already quietly snoring, I felt so much guilt thinking how she'd still save my life, even after everything thats happened. I remembered how back when Stan left for the first time, she said she'd always be there for me no matter what, and how she'd never just abandon me like him. And I realized, she kept her word.