Chapter 9 - What Just Happened?

Kyles Pov:

We decided to head back into school when 7th period came around. Stan had asked the teacher to move to sit by me a few months back because "we work better together." We both knew that wasn't true, we just sat around all class giggling about stupid things or talking shit about people. Nonetheless, the teacher finally gave in when I explained to him in private that I could help Stan bring his grades up, which he desperately needed. But, it probably wasn't what the teacher had in mind, i'd usually just finish all my work in a few minutes and pass it to Stan when I was done, oh well he doesn't need to retain history knowledge anyways, it just meant more time we could spend fucking around. Today was weird though, my high was wearing off a bit so I was pretty much snapped out of the trance I was in before. Stan was just gone talking about everything as usual, he acted like nothing had happened back in the shed. Oh well, maybe i'm just overthinking again. It really wasn't that serious, just kissing practice, people do it all the time. I wanted to bring it up, but i'd probably just look weird and gay for thinking so hard about it, so I let him run his mouth all class and just laughed along.

School was finally done and me and Stan headed out to the main hallway to wait for Wendy. Once she arrived she looked kind of down. Me and stan exchanged a quick glance at each other both wondering at the same time what was wrong. "Whats wrong Wendy?" we both said at the same time, laughing a little bit at us being in unison. "Oh nothing, Bebe just said that some girls were spreading rumors about me, but it's really nothing". The overprotective best friend in me jolted, "Who's starting rumors? about what?" i said in a pissed off tone. "Nothing Ky don't worry about it." she said smiling putting her hand on my shoulder. I don't know what it is but i've always been really overprotective of Wendy ever since Stan left. It used to be him, but I guess I thought since he was gone I needed to take on that role, even though she's well off by herself, she beat up a 250 Lb kid all by herself, she wasn't some princess who needed protection, yet, I always made sure she knew I was still going to. Stan was looking the other way as we talked, I guess he probably felt weird about seeing Wendy be so nice to me, when they were together me and her barely talked, now we're probably closer than me and Stan. I know that bothers him, he hates feeling like a second option. He always told me that too, so I made sure to always put him above everyone else, and he did the same. We finally started walking out to the truck, Stan asked Wendy if she wanted to come with us to chill for a bit and she agreed. We all hopped in my truck and headed to my place.

When we arrived Stans dad was standing outside with my mom smoking a cigarette. "Hey boys whats going on? Whats up Wendy?" he said smiling. "Same as usual" she said smiling back. "Are you guys up for some target practice, look what I got", Stans dad pulled out a big case with 3 pistols inside. "No way." Stan said, his resting frown turned into a smile quick, his dad smiled back and jolted his head to the left signaling us to come with him. I looked back at my mom and she smiled at me, I guess that was approval.