Chapter 29 - Prom

Tw: Violence, mentions of blood

Stan's Pov:

As Wendy twirled in her dress showing it off for me I smiled a bit, taking a swig of my beer. We were both dressed in all black for prom, we didn't care about whatever stupid theme was there. I didn't tell her that me and the guys had took a few shots on top of some beers to pregame before we left, I wanted to get as tipsy as possible before we got there. She snuck a few baby bottles of liquor in her bra before we eventually took off. As she grabbed a beer from the back and I popped it off with my teeth, she chugged and eventually started kissing my neck as I drove. I wanted to enjoy it, but I really couldn't. I kept thinking about Kyle, and how he didn't answer any of my calls today either, I prayed that I'd see him at the dance and eventually get apologize. Once we got there, we met up with Kenny and Craig in the parking lots with their dates, and we drunk a few more beers before walking in. "Oh wait, I forgot something." I ran back to the car and pulled out a beanie and nee black jacket I had never worn. "What? Why do you need that? You're going to mess up your hair." Wendy said staring at me confused. "Just let me.. its for after it ends, it said it might rain." I really sucked at lying, but everyone believed me and just shrugged it off. Wendy got her bag checked at the door for anything we might've brought in, but luckily we were safe. I was nearly holding my breath hoping they didn't notice how gone I already was. We got to our table and Wendy stuffed the extra bottles back into her bag. By now, I was really feeling it. The cringey dance pop music blared, and Bebe ran up to Wendy and gave her a giant hug, telling her how hot she looked. As I starred down Clyde who was standing by her waiting, Marjorine came over by me and threw the extra liquor bottles she had in her bra into Wendy's bag as well. The plan was to get some soda cans an empty them out, then pour the liquor in them, but I didn't care. As the first slow song of the night started playing, Wendy grabbed me and pulled me to the dance floor. This was the main reason I was getting drunk, the only time I could let myself dance in front of people is when I had alcohol in my system. As I held her waist and she wrapped her arms around my shoulders we swayed side to side dancing to the song. She stared at me in the eyes smiling, and I tried to smile back, still feeling really sad for some reason. She pulled me into a slow kiss, and.. I felt nothing. Why couldn't I feel anything?! This is supposed to be a special fucking moment or something, our first time at prom together. I know it wasn't mine, me and Kyle had already had our first together in 8th grade when we weren't supposed to, and it was a way better feeling than this. I felt myself closing my eyes as I kissed back.. imagining.. it was Kyle. Oh god dude. I felt myself begin to cry as I kept holding her. "Stan.. are you okay?" She said as she pulled back from the kiss and noticed the tears. "Oh uh.. (sniff) yea.. I'm sorry. You're just so beautiful." She smiled at me and continued kissing me, god I felt disgusting for lying like that, but what was I supposed to tell her. As the song ended we made our way back to the table. I grabbed a bottle quickly out of the bag and started chugging, I didn't care how bad it tasted, I needed to stop thinking about Kyle. "Damn dude are you good?" Clyde said laughing at beside me. I looked at him with a death stare as I put the empty bottle back in the bag. "Shit my bad." he said acting like he didn't do anything. He got up to go stand by Bebe and Wendy who were staring at the floor. I saw him wrap his hand around Bebe's waist, and the other, around Wendy's. Fuck no. I was not finna let this bitch try some shit again. It was time.

"Yo Kenny, come to the bathroom with me real quick." I said getting up from my seat and bringing my beanie in jacket. He got up and followed behind me. I knew Kenny always kept a gun on him, no matter what, he always found a way to hide it somehow. I knew I had to ask. Once we got to the bathroom, I made sure no one was in it and closed the door behind me. "Yo dude, whats up?" Kenny said looking at me confused. "Kenny. I need the biggest fucking favor I've ever needed from you, and please just hear me out dude." Kenny looked worried about how desperate I was being, "whats up?" he said standing against the wall. "I need your gun dude." Kenny's eyebrow raised as he looked at me with a confused face. ".....why..?" he said squinting at me. "I just need to scare someone dude, like, really bad." "Stan, you're way too drunk for me to give you this shit. Besides, why the fuck do you need a gun to scare someone? You got fists bro." he said genuinely confused at me. "Kenny. I'm an alcoholic. This doesn't feel like anything to me." I said lying, knowing I was tipsy as hell. "No dude, sorry, its too risky." he said about to walk out the door. "WAIT." I said grabbing him by his suit sleeve. "I know you Kenny, you'd do anything to protect your girl, right?" I said looking up at him. "..yea.. Why?" "Dude.. imagine if.. someone did something.. to your girlfriend dude. Something unforgivable. Something that he never got any consequences for." Kenny looked at me for a bit, as he understood what I was trying to get at something. "...I'd give him what he deserved.." Kenny said as I looked at him and nodded. "Stan. Don't kill him. Just show him you don't fucking play games." Kenny said, before pulling a Glock out from his pants. I nodded then rushed to put on the huge jacket, and the beanie that I had cut the eyes out on this morning. I knew the school was too poor to afford cameras to identify me, but it was just to make sure no one else snitched. Kenny ran out to warn Craig, Tweek, and his girlfriend that they should go before things got ugly.

As I walked out I scanned the room, fucking perfect, Bebe and Wendy were out dancing, while Clyde was sitting at the table by himself. I felt my adrenaline getting higher as I rushed out. As I finally snuck up behind him, I took the move I'd been waiting to do this whole time.

I sucker punched him with all my strength from the back of his head, making him fall out his chair. As people noticed what was going on the jumped up and started staring. As he tried to get up I kept swinging on his face as he tried to fight back but failed, Clyde was always known for being shit as fighting, so it was more enjoyment for me knowing he couldn't do shit. I gave him a really good blow to the temple which sent him flying into a table, making the people who were sitting there scream and jump up. "WHAT THE FUCK DID I DO?!" Clyde said crying out loudly as I continued punching him. People started crowding around and yelling, I looked up for a second and saw Bebe screaming and crying while Wendy held her back. I knew they probably knew it was me, but I didn't care, I couldn't stop. I finally pulled out the gun and started hitting him across the face with it, causing huge scars to for and making his face bleed badly, everyone started screaming and running at the sight of the gun. I knew that I'd get caught soon now that the crowds were leaving, so I got up in a moment of panic and looked down on his body.

*POP*

I shot him in the dick.

I stuffed the gun in my pocket and ran faster than everyone else, not caring where the fuck Wendy was, not caring who the fuck was watching, I just ran for my life. Once I got in the car I sped off as fast as I could, trying to catch my breath, not knowing what to do, or where to go. Once I got about 10 minutes away thats when it finally hit me, I just shot someone, an actual person. I felt myself begin to panic even more. I didn't even fucking feel anything towards Wendy, I just did it because I wanted to. I could literally ruin my life over her. I started wishing it had been her instead, then I realized, that was why. I knew I could never do anything to her without living the rest of my life regretting it everyday, so I did it the next best thing attached to the thought of her. I wanted to erase her my mind. She ruined everything. She ruined me and and Kyle. She ruined me. No. I can't keep blaming shit on other people to try to help my fragile ego. I ruined myself. Kenny was right. I didn't love her, I just loved the thought of her. The person I did love, I ruined everything with. I cried while my speed increased, I thought about crashing the car right then and ending everything, my life was ruined anyways. No. I couldn't leave this earth knowing Kyle would forever think everything was a lie. I abruptly stopped in the middle of the street as a car behind me honked and swerved around me. I turned around the car and headed towards Kyle's house.