Chapter 8 - The Story So Far.. and Some..

Kyles Pov:

A few weeks since that day Stan and his dad moved into the house. My mom seems way happier than she did before, which gives me some peace of mind atleast. Me and Stan spend almost every night on the roof high, not even sure how we got back into bed the next day, or sometimes waking up still on the roof before school. I don't really mind it anymore, its nice being able to spend time with Stan, we've definitely became really close again and it's making me feel almost like things are back to normal. I couldn't just ditch Wendy, so eventually I reintroduced her and Stan and they're fine with each other now.  We all spend a lot of days just sitting in my room or ditching school to hang out in my truck and smoke a bit of weed or just go driving around town. I feel really bad sometimes, now that Stan's around I mostly give all my attention to him, and Wendy is almost like a background character, laughing at all our jokes and stupid actions, but rarely ever saying anything. She usually takes care of us, she doesn't like getting high but she'll do it every often or so, otherwise she's making sure we're not doing too many idiotic things that could probably get us hurt. As the months went on we spent everyday doing normal loser teenager shit, getting drunk, crashing parties, swimming in the lake near my house, just normal shit to help the time pass by. The last 2 months of junior year were finally here, now it was time to start worrying about all the superficial high school shit and events that were coming up. Applying for colleges, prom, final exams, just more stress to add to my plate. I got the highest SAT scores in my school so I wasn't even worried about college, I had got a scholarship to my dream school so I'd basically been working hard the past few months for nothing except making it through school. Wendy had got multiple scholarships too but was still stuck on which to choose, she wanted to become a lawyer or professor so she was procrastinating all school year. As for Stan, I never heard him having any desire for really anything, I asked him once and he blurted out "I don't know, an Engineer?", something kids with no plans usually say a lot to me. I didn't mind, you don't have to have your whole life made up by the time your only 17, it just sucks I was always pushed to be that way. Anyways, I had bigger things to worry about.

"Yo dude, why don't you ask Wendy to prom?", Stan said while passing me the blunt. We were sitting in our favorite hangout spot to smoke at; the equipment shed behind the football field. I took the blunt and took a big hit trying to take away the anxiety from his question. "I don't know dude, thats way too weird for me, she might get the wrong impression, besides what if she already got asked", I say looking at the ground. I had had a crush on Wendy for years now and she never really got the hint. It didn't help that she was always on and off with Stan. She'd come crying to me every time they broke up, Stan would too. He'd always show up at my door drunk asking to come in, then we'd go to my room and he'd just get my shirt all wet from crying into my arms, such a loser. "Nah, she would've told us if she did, she's been waiting and no ones asked her yet." he said looking over at me. "If you're scared you shouldn't be. Prom is easy. All you have to do is pick her up, take her, let her get a bit drunk, maybe take her out to eat, make out in the parking lot a bit, and if you're lucky you can score back at your place", he says laughing taking the blunt back. "I don't know if I can do all that, I've never even really kissed a girl." I said while picking at my hands. Its really embarrassing actually, sure i've gotten a few kisses from some girls in my life, and even a handjob in class (don't ask.), but I was never really the type to kiss. I just let girls do what they wanted and didn't know how to react back. I get out of my thoughts and look over noticing Stan is staring at me wide eyed with a smile on his face that says "you fucking loser". "You're lying." Stan says trying to hold in his laughter, "There's no way you're being serious." I roll my eyes and turn up the speaker thats playing Slowdive, hoping to drown out the embarrassment. Stan put the blunt in an ash tray and turned it back down, "Kyle, say on god" he smiled while turning my head to meet his gaze. He loves mocking me, I didn't even want to give him a response. I know he used to get a lot of girls, and he'd always tell me about all the things they'd do, like i'd wanna know. Except, I kind of did, I'd usually be baffled by the crazy shit girls did for him, must be nice to be so loved, it must be the emo vibe he gives off. "Yea, i'm for real. I was always too scared to kiss anyone." I say with an annoyed expression. "Dude, I have to teach you." I froze. Is he okay? "Dude, you're way too high right now", I say halfway laughing at his crazy ass ideas, he's so high he's talking out his ass. I'm really high too, I cant stop myself from laughing rethinking about what he just said. "No dude i'm serious, you cant take Wendy to prom and not know how to kiss her. Come on its easyyy." he says tugging at my shirt, why is he so eager to kiss me? I guess he thinks I really must be that bad. I roll my eyes and think about it for a bit, then give him the glance of approval. It'll be easy, it might actually help a bit.

"Alright, just follow my lead", Stan said as he turned the music back up a bit, and turned my face to his again. He stared at me in the eyes for a bit, then put his hand on the back of my head and leaned in. I closed my eyes quick, and soon I felt his lips against mine. He started slow at first, his lips felt like they were melting into mine. I impulsively put my hand on his waist pulling him closer into me. His hand moved to rest on my cheek as he tilted his head a bit, he's really getting into it, I guess he must be really experienced. Next, he started introducing his tongue, I wasn't sure how to use tongue but I tried. Our tongues swirled around each other for a bit and I realized he was pretty much halfway on top of me, Jesus christ he's so high he probably doesn't even notice. We start speeding up into a full on make out sesh, I have no idea how much time has passed by but it seems like its been going on forever, yet, it seems so normal, I don't even feel weird about it, it's actually kind of nice. Then, his hands move down to my pants, is he for real? He places his hand on my groin and keeps one on the side of my neck. What the fuck, am I hard? I'm such a fucking loser oh my god, I'm not even gay, why the fuck am I hard. I want to stop before he feels it but it's like im in a trance. I unintentionally let out a slight moan into his mouth. He comes to a stop and slowly pulls back, a trail of spit is connected to both our lips. He pulls his hand up and wipes it off slowly. "Dude.. did you just moan.." he says as a smile slowly starts appearing on his face. Oh my god, I'm such a fucking loser.