Chapter 18

Consciousness slowly came to Jungkook as he tries to gulp down any saliva to cool is burning throat but it was not relieving.

'Wait. He didn't die?'

He tries to adjust on the uncomfortable bed but a painful groan escaped his vocal cord.

'Oh yeah, he is definitely alive'

If the excruciating pain isn't proof enough, he could hear a rushed footsteps approach his bed but he couldn't find himself opening his eyes afraid of light blinding them.

'guess he escaped death again. What a fortunate bastard'

He stayed laid in the bed as his face contoured in distress.

"Hey, are you okay?" He heard a male's voice "Hold on let me get a doctor" he heard next and maybe the person pressed the emergency call button or not. His brain is getting too overwhelmed by the pain shooting through the left side of his body and it seems like his left hand is a cast.

He kept trying to bite back the groan of pain when the person returned.

"Jungkook?" The voice called out again.

'Wait. Is that Taehyung?

It wasn't his imagination speaking to the older on the phone before he passed out?'

The doctor or maybe a nurse came in and he is not sure what they did but he started feeling the pain numb out and drowsiness take over again.

'Wait, why is he in a hospital with the detective not Jimin or Yoongi?'

<°°>

Jungkook slowly opened his eyes after waking up and was met with a blinding light.

'Why the fuck was it so bright'

He groaned at the discomfort. His throat still burns, taking a drag of air into his lungs this time before gradually opening his eyes to get used to the brightness.

When he did and noticed he was in the hospital still. Which was weird, they should have transferred him to his home to get treated from his personal doctor.

He heard a sound by his side and looked down to find the hair mop of Jimin sleeping by his side.

He sighed in relief confirming that Jimin made it out safely. He tried looking around to find any water, he tried adjusting but felt his left hand numb, that was when he noticed the left Arm was bandaged heavily.

The movement seem to have woken Jimin up.

"Jungkook?" He asked only half awake.

"Water" Jungkook requested, his voice still a little croaked.

Jimin got fully awake and on his feet hearing his boss's voice. He first confusing rushing around the room in search of the so called water, his brain not fully awake yet.

"Did you hit head your head or something?" Jungkook teased laughing a little and coughing the next.

Jimin finally finding the water quickly brought him a cup. He helped him take a few gulp.

After dropping the cup and adjusting the bed for the younger to get more comfortable a doctor walked in.

"You're finally fully awake. I'm doc. Choi," the cheerful doctor mentioned before proceeding to check his vitals with a nurse closely taking records and instructions.

"All your vitals look great, Mr Jeon. It's surprising how quickly you recovered after losing so much blood" the doctor added.

"How long have I been out" Jungkook asked noticing Jimin going abnormally quite.

"A week. You woke up the very next day after the surgery but have been in and out of it since then. The Operation was a success so we were not really worried about you waking up but I guess that was the way your body wants to heal" the doctor filled him in.

Jungkook nodded, wondering if it was Jimin who brought him to the hospital. Then again, was calling taehyung a dream?

"Everything looks good for now. We will just run a few scans to be sure and You should be discharged in a few days"

Jungkook nodded again.

Jimin walked the doctors to the door and closed it after them

"I have called the chef to prepare and send in a meal for you or is there anything specific you want to eat?" Jimin asked pressing his phone.

"Update me. What happened there? Who were those men? What has been happening while I was unconscious? And why the hell am i still in a hospital not at home?" Jungkook asked looking around for his phone. "Where is my phone?"

After a few minutes he didn't hear Jimin speaking causing him to look up at the older. Jimin was just staring back at him.

"What?" Jungkook asked confused at why he is receiving a staring contest instead of an update.

"Why did you do that back there?" Jimin asked and he recognized what the facial expression was.

"Sorry I pushed you off the building" Jungkook tried to apologize to get passed that

"You know that's not what I am talking about." The older stated causing Jungkook to roll his eyes.

"Why would you push me to safety at your own expense. I'm supposed to look over your safety not the other way around. Do you know how terrible and horrified I felt when we got back up but couldn't find you or track you!"

"What's important is that we are all safe, right? Now update me" Jungkook responded uninterested in his scolding. He is not willing to risk the safety of people close to him for his own safety if he can do something about it.

Jimin was fumbling at the younger's non response but tried to calm down. He will leave the scolding to Yoongi.

Jungkook tries to flex his left shoulder which was feeling more numb than in pain. He tries to lift the whole arm but got restricted by something and found an handcuff on his wrist to the bed.

"Why the fuck am I in handcuffs?!"

"That's why we could not transfer you home to continue your treatment after the surgery"

"What? Am I under an arrest? I am sure the gathering was in Jeon's name not JK"

"You are not under arrest. Detective Kim did that to keep you from disappear before he returns from work. He was bent on turning you in if we opposed him....."

'It wasn't a dream, Taehyung was really here when he woke one time"

"He allowed our men guard your private ward while I watch over you when he isn't.."

"Who brought me to the hospital? He suddenly asked.

"Yoongi said he saw the detective carrying you out of the building into an ambulance when he got there. He followed you and I joined him while you were still in surgery"

Jungkook nodded, "Please update me of all that happened. Why we were abushed and who these guys was?"

__________________
__________________

Happy belated birthday to our baby bunny!

Thoughts!

See you next chapter!