Chapter 17

Taehyung, a light sleeper heard his phone dig indicating he got a text which he patted around his bed in search of his phone. When he fingers came in contact with the hard object he sigh before opening his eyes to see what the text was about.

Through sleepy eyes not wanting to open them fully to avoid losing his sleep saw a live location forwarded to him with a list of names and at the bottom of the list states all of them are at the attached location. The detective furrowed his brows at the message it could be a prank plus he is not on duty so he doesn't want to stress but however dialed Jackson's number.

"Detective kim, what's going on at this hour" the cheerful voice of his partner responded immediately the call was picked.

"Hi Jackson, are you on duty tonight?" He asked, his head is still pressed to his pillow.

"Yeah"

"I am forwarding some details to you, just got an inter not sure if it's real but if it is then it's a big hit" taehyung mentioned putting the phone on loudspeaker so he could hear what the other detective was saying while he forwards the details to him.

"Are you coming with us?" He heard Jackson asked and could hear some ruffling on the background and clicking of guns meaning they are getting ready

"No..." He started but paused when he saw a new text from the person that sent the text causing him to jump off from his bed "I am coming with you, get the swat team, there is a shoot out at the location. I will meet you guys there!" He ordered into the phone and hung up after forwarding the first two messages purposely leaving out the last one.

He quickly wore a bulletproof vest over a white T-shirt and pulled a pant up his waist and while arming himself with guns before running out of the house. He doesn't know why he is on his feet and running to a shootout because of him.

He only finally heard from him late yesterday afternoon through a text saying:

Jk:
Hey handsome.
If your offer is still open, wanna travel with me this weekend?

He had gotten the text out of nowhere yesterday which he stared at for a good ten minutes with an unexplainable smile on his face before decided to responding.

"You finally decided to use the number sitting pretty on your phone"

Jk:
Lolz.
I was waiting for the perfect timing.

So, are you asking me out on a date?
Not like I would mind but our first date being outside the city is a bit too much, don't you think?

Jk:
I never mentioned it was a date but I guess I would be excited to have such a big shot as your boyfriend if I were in your shoes. Lolz

Taehyung rolled at the statement. Boyfriends? He didn't even think to that point but the sound of it wasn't bad. He never really thought of getting someone that committed to. He shook his head to get back to reality, what he had with Jungkook was dangerous enough, wanting more is only asking for it

Jk:
So that a yes?
I will send a car to pick you up on Friday evening.

What.
Oh no, I didn't agree to anything yet.

Jk:
Lolz
You didn't say no either.
See your pretty ass later
:)Wink

Taehyung got into his driver seat and quickly dialed the number, it wasn't picked at the first dail to which he dailed again which was luckily picked this time.