Chapter 31

Taehyung stared blankly at the familiar old mansion come into view, this had been his hell in form of home till a few years ago.

An outsider would look at the beautiful exotic building and wish they had so much wealth but coming from inside he can confirm to you that is the last kind of wealth anyone would want.

The car came to stop in front of the entrance and a guard was quick to open his side of the car. He came down knowing it was already too late to go back now.

"This way, father is expecting us" he heard Namjoon say, he didn't spare him any glance but followed behind him nevertheless.

He passed his fingers through his blond locks ignoring the stares he was getting from the house staff and body guards around.

Soon they were entering an office through a massive doors.

"Father, we have returned" Namjoon announced.

An elderly man in his mid fifties but still looking more handsome than most men in their twenties turned his chair around to face them and a quick smile soon appeared on his face to which Taehyung had to use all his will power from rolling his eyes.

"Finally, My favorite son" Mr Kim announced excitedly standing up from his chair. No one noticed Namjoon's tighten his jaws at the claim but Taehyung was familiar with the feeling his older brother had towards him.

"Come here boy" Mr Kim gestured for Taehyung to come sit in front of him.

The blond male approached the big table but stood instead. "Come on don't be a stranger to your old man" no response.

No one saw it coming not until Mr Kim's walking cane was just an itch away from Taehyung's face in an attempt to strike him with it.

Taehyung stayed indifferent at the attack just staring ahead with blank expression and eyes.

"You see, this is why there can never be another you" Mr Kim excitedly praised.

"What is the invite for, Sir" Taehyung finally spoke already getting irritated standing in the same room as his so called father.

The words caused a pin drop silence in the room, the smile on Mr Kims face disappeared at once. He signaled for everyother persons to leave the room.

That was the signal to Taehyung that he really has returned causing him to clench his jaw in the familiar feeling crawling up his spine like some demon spirit trying to snatch his life from hi..

He watched as his father picked up a stick of cigar placing it in-between his lips then lighting it up. The sight looked so familiar but he quickly shook his head at the thought of Jungkook.

"Where is the recording?"

Taehyung frowned at the question not sure what the old man was asking for.

"You recorded all the mission you went for?" The old man's voice because deeper that it is meaning he meant business.

Taehyung finally remembers what recording. He had a habit of recording his crime scenes before and after an assassination. Definitely not for pleasure but to keep track of all the life he has taken.

"I do not have it" he responded.

"How could you have such hard evidence in recording?!" Mr Kim growled "You are going to have to provide it anyway possible" he added returning the stick of cigar to his lips and taking a long drag of it. He knows his son is a professional and would never use the recording against himself but his worry is it getting into the wrong hands. How can the little brat be so careless to have such a thing even existing.