Chapter 24

"Sorry, that was what happened" Taehyung explained to the other on the phone dreading the silent. Expecting a scolding about staying away from the mafia brat.

"I guess things happen for a reason moreover I think not flying tomorrow will throw them off your tracks. Just stay on the low and let me know when you return so we can reschedule" hoseok surprisedly responded

"Okay." He agreed looking back at the young mafia boss wearing only corporate pants as he was on a call as well "Wait. Be careful, We can't afford to get them on your tail as well" he concluded hanging up. He is glad the other didn't get mad at the change of plans.

He threw the phone on the bed approaching Jungkook when the door opened to show the annoying PA

Jimin walked towards Jungkook and whispered something to him while throwing a glare at the detective.

Taehyung just rolled his eyes at his annoyed face.

"I'm sure he was the one who sent his squads there!" Jimin spoke out loud for the detective to hear. Jungkook having ended his call proceeded to put on his dress shirt not even looking away from buttoning up.

"What are you barking about, Mr park" Taehyung asked uninterested at the older tantrum.

"Your partner and squad infiltrated two of our underground warehouses and arrested a lot of our men. Now are you going to tell me you have no hands in it?"

"No." Taehyung blankly responded.

"No what?!" Jimin growled

"No, I can't tell you I have no hands in it" Taehyung shrugged

Jimin flared and rushed at  the detective ready to throw a punch at him but Jungkook blocked his view before he could get the chance

"What?! Are you defending him now? I warned you about him but you didn't listen. He is going to cause us more trouble than you can anticipate!" Jimin yelled.

"That's enough, Jimin" Jungkook warned

"Yes, listen to your boss" Taehyung advised walking to take water from the refrigerator "Just because I am involved with Jungkook doesn't mean I stopped doing my job"

Jimin flared at that. He pushed Jungkook's hands off him walking toward the door "Better watch your back. Just because you are involved with our boss doesn't mean you are an untouchable man" he snarled

"You should be more worried about your lousy men leaving trail of their dirty business for cops to find" taehyung threw back at him.

And the door was slammed with loud bang to which taehyung snort at.

He looked back at Jungkook who was busy getting ready not even fazed about what just happened.

"You are not going to pull out your gun to threaten me for making you loss money?" Taehyung asked amused at the younger uninteest in what just happened. He honestly didn't send Jackson there but he did hand over all his researchs and evidence to the partner.

"You didn't make me loss money darling. My boys did" he gave him a wink through the mirror.

"You seem pretty relaxed with someone that could flip your world in any second" Taehyung commented taking a gulp of his water

"Like you said, you were only doing your job and we agree to keep our business away from our personal affairs" he explained struggling with his neck tie when taehyung approached him to help fix the tie.

"So you trust me?" The detective asked

"I don't" he responded in a heart beat an unreadable smile playing on his lips. "You just can't get anything against me that I won't give to you. Plus, the day I pull a gun at you, it wouldn't be to threaten" he added pecking the older as a thanks for the tie.