Chapter 20

Jungkook pushed the messy cloth into a bag with one hand.

"Why are you doing that" Jimin walks into his wand with Yoongi tagging along. He has seen suga during the past two days more than he sees him in a whole year.

"I will do it." Jimin snatched the bag from Jungkook's hand to which the younger just sat on the bed boredly waiting for them to finish and getting out of this place.

He insisted the doctors discharged him which they agreed when their doctor came to get the handover himself.

"Here" yoongi handed him his phone but didn't really step away from the younger's front.

"What? Don't share my oxygen with me" Jungkook said referring to him to shift as he going through his phone.

"Jim, if you are done can you guys move the thing to the roof. We will meet you shortly"

Jimin without any hesitation stepped out and two of their men walked him to help lift the items out of the room.

"Do you have a cigar?" Jungkook asked.

"So? You and that detective?" The older started ignoring the request for a smoke because they are in a hospital and it isn't allowed here.

"What about him?"

"You guys are a thing now?" Yoongi proceeded to enquire as he walks towards the window to look out of it not feeling comfortable standing one place.

"You know I don't date, hyung." Jungkook sighed

"Oh, I know but it didn't look like it last night"

Jungkook did not bother to respond, he can't exactly just walk out of the conversation because the self acclaimed hyung will not let him be till what is in his mind is said out loud.

"What are you getting at? Did Jimin put you up to this, to interrogate me about my sex life" He asked instead not really offended, they have to know everything about the younger to be able to protect him from potential threats.

"See, I don't really care who you fuck around with but this one is a detective. This could all be set up to get you into trusting him" he explained and Jungkook just looked up at him boredly.

"I can see that the dude clearly likes you that's why I trusted him enough to send in after you that night but still.."

"You sent him after me?" Jungkook asked with a tint of his head.

"Yeah, I believe alert the police will easily scare off the gun men and he can easily enter the scene in search for you"

Jungkook just nodded but not happy his men needed the help of law enforcement to get him out of the place.

"Well.." he began standing up. "I understand your worries but as you can see I already like the detective, he is cool and I don't see any reason to stop whatever it is we are having because he could be a spy? moreover what's the worst he can do? Send me to jail" he said laughing out loud.

"Don't worry, I will be careful not to get my personal affairs into my business life but come on, let you man live a little. I thought y'all will be happy I'm only fucking with one person now"

"Don't forget whatever that looks or feels too good to be true is probably not true plus you know getting attached is bad for business"

Jungkook doesn't respond or react.

Yoongi nodded, he had done his part as a friend. The detective has already proven to be a tiny bit trust worthy so all he needs to do is make sure to get a close eye on him to avoid any surprises.

"Is that all? Can we go now?"

<°°>

Taehyung pulled the gloves off his fingers as he proceeds out of a crime scene.

"Detective Wang, take all the evidence to the lab. Have the id card scanned so we can contact their family members" Taehyung instructed looking around the outside building. It was another gang shooting but this time in a club. They have been going wild lately.

And they always make sure to destroy all CCTV cameras. He examined the outside for anything when his phone dings.

My brat🐰:
Got discharged already.
I know you will miss sneaking into my room at night.
See ya soon and thanks for the save again, let's settle the scores the next time we meet, okay?
Don't wanna owe such a brave detective after all.

Taehyung read it over again snorting at every sentence with an unknown smile dancing over his lips.

He loved taking care of the younger at the hospital, you can say catering for people he cares about is his love language if that what people call it.

So the young mafia boss trusted him enough to be taking care of felt good and he had seen himself doing it more in the future as it felt so natural like it was what he was meant to do

He tucked the phone back into his pocket to continue his work.

<°°>

A week later...

"It's weird showing up at my door when you usually just call" taehyung complained as he allows his friend walk into the house.

"Why are you not taking the information sent to you any serious? It's been two weeks and they will be here in less than another two weeks?" Hoseok cut straight to the point.

"I saw your message but I don't think they are coming for me anymore. It's been quiet for the last year plus I'm really tired of moving around"

"You know very well, they are coming for you still. And what do you mean you are tired? Do we have any other choice? This town is no longer safe!"

"I really don't want to move this time" he mumbled to himself, a sigh leaving his lips, pressing the bridge of his nose, feeling a rush of headache

"I have started working on your relocation and everything should be ready within the next week and you will be leaving immediately. No excuses" hoseok stated as a matter of finality before walking out of the house.

Resting his head on the couch headrest, staring blankly at the empty roof.

'When is this going to end'

______________________
Thoughts?

A filler chapter for the upcoming chapters.

Last chapter had so much comments, got me giggling at your reactions.

See you next chapter.