one

It was a warm day in Paris. The smell of fresh crossaints and pasteries flooded the bakery. People had woken up early just to try these new delights. And to say their farewells to Tom and Sabine.

They'd brought a bakery in London, not too far away. But Marinette insisted on staying until after her prom, until she graduated. Until Monarch was defeated. Which, they weren't to far off.

All the miraculous excluding the butterfly had been retrieved from Monarch, after he made the stupidest move and gave all the miraculous to a supervillain  last week. It was a miracle. Well, according to her it wasn't. The bell to the bakery chimed as another customer walked in.

"Hey Alya!" Marinette smiled, handing her a box of fresh chouquettes. Alya beamed back at her. Tom and Sabine came downstairs, bags and suitcases hiding them. Marinette watched them leave and pulled a pity smile.

"Cmon girl, you're gonna love London. Besides, Adrien is literally moving there in 2 days. You'll see each other more" Alya rolled her eyes. She loved her best friend, but sometimes she always thought the worse of situations. 
"And besides, now you've retrieved the horse miraculous, you can teleport back to Paris incase anything happens. Don't sweat it." She shoved a chouquette in her mouth, walking out the door. 

"See ya in a bit" She said, the bell chiming again shortly after. Marinette was left alone. Just her and the bakery. She leaned against the counter and sighed.

"Aren't you going to school?" Tikki flew out of Marinette's purse. Tikki watched as she boxed up a few macarons. She could tell Marinette was NOT in the mood.

"Yes, I just need to finish-"

The bell chimed again. It was her parents. Tikki hid behind Marinette's back just in time.  
"What are you doing here?" Marinette asked.

"Don't think we'd leave without saying goodbye!" Tom exclaimed, wrapping his long arms around her. Tikki dipped into a flour bag. He held her close for a moment.

"Are you sure you're going to be alright, I mean 2 whole nights alone?" Sabine looked at her with worry in her eyes. Marinette's parents were too completely different people. Tom, thought she was brave and encouraged her to build confidence and independence, whilst Sabine was worried, and felt the need to protect her.
She wasn't quite ready to let her daughter off in to the big world on her own yet.

"I'll be fine, it's just a weekend." She smiled, "What's the worse that could happen?"