twenty three

Ladybug stood in shock. It was as though she'd been frozen. She'd knew Adrien was Chat Noir, but she hadn't acknowledged it. Now it all felt real. Adrien's odd humour poking out. The fact he is always absent the same time as her. It was all adding up.

The thoughts were soon rattled away by a pounding heartbeat in her head. Falling to the floor, she nestled her head on her hand and tried to slowly breathe. She failed. The pain made everything a blur, and then there'd be the odd flashing lights out of nowhere. She held back the wail, her hand shaking as she held it against her mouth.

She knew if she closed her eyes she'd start getting flashbacks. But was that worth it if it could stop the pain? The noises in the background became all muffled, like noise from a pool when you're underwater. She gasped at the shock that went ran down her body. She forced her eyes shut. 

It was like watching a trailer. Scenes replayed from the beginning right to the end. She allowed herself to process everything that had happened. The pain slowly died down as she opened her eyes once more. She took a deep breath and climbed back to her feet. Then she coughed. She coughed like she was choking on something. 

She fell to the floor once again, only this time she detransformed straight away. Tikki flew out of her earrings, looking at her with a guilty expression on her face when she saw Marinette.

"What's happening to me Tikki?" She choked out, whispering as she did so. Tears ran down her face as she watched her kwami's eyes roll back, as she landed in her holder's hand.

"Tikki." She coughed over tears as she looked down at the lifeless kwami infront of her.

"Your miraculous is damaging us Marinette." She whimpered, going in and out of conciousness, "I need food.. and rest." Not another word was said. Tikki's eyes closed shut, and her breathing slowed. 

Marinette kissed her kwami's head. "Don't worry," She smiled at her, "I'll take you for some foo-"

Something tugged at her foot. She flew forward onto her stomach and felt herself getting dragged away. The bright light from the outside blinded her, and she went dizzy all of a sudden. She knew she didn't have the energy in her to fight back. There was nothing she could do. She realised that when she didn't even try get herself off the ground.

Instead she closed her eyes, and allowed herself to drift away and let what was happening happen. Little did she know that would cost her huge time.