twenty seven

The perfect bright ball smashed, shards of yellow bright glass falling from the sky. Adrien looked up, hand in Alya's and watched them gracefully float through the sky. Emelie was the first to get off her feet.

"Adrien?" Emelie asked, confusion all over her face. She was able to read the room quickly. "Your father made the wish, didn't he?" 

A tired, sobbing Adrien nodded. Normally in this situation all a boy would want to do is hold his mommy close. But that's not what he wanted. 

He wanted his lady.

It was a heroic, and marvelling thing she had tried to do. She meant well, she wanted to protect Adrien's father. She didn't want to kill herself, it wasn't an act of suicide, nor a sacrifise. It was an act of love.

Nathalie rose off the floor, hand in head. Her eyes adjusted to the light and she looked around her, taking everything in. 

She gasped when saw Emelie. 

"If Gabriel sacrifised himself for Emelie.. how am I here right now?" She asked, scanning the room for explanation. That's when she noticed one of the teens abscence. She looked at Adrien then immediatley understood. Although Marinette hadn't intentionally done this, Nathalie was heartbroken. After everything Gabriel had done to her, she'd still tried to save him from dying.

"Come here guys," Nathalie held out her arms, and all the teens ran into them. Adrien held her tight and didn't let go. "Shh, we'll figure out something. I promise." 

The miraculous lay on the floor, Tikki and Plagg hidden inside.