twenty four

Chat Noir hopped from roof to roof, looking for his lady. After she left he decided to go food his kwami before coming back to his father. He didn't want to see him again. Not after everything he'd put him through. It was around 4pm. The sun was disappearing behind the clouds, preparing to set. It would be dark soon. A flash of lightning painted the sky before a loud thunder bang hit, making the buildings surrounding him tremble with every bang. 

He landed through his window and detransformed. His room never felt like home, but it had an unusal different feeling about it today. He threw himself on his bed, face in hands, body flat on the bed, facing away from everyone and everything. He put his hands in his pocket and pulled out the photo of him and Marinette from earlier. He smiled at it. Smiled at the thought of just how incredible his girlfriend was, and how lucky he was to have her. 

He straightened himself up as he watched the black blur zooming around his room, flying in and out of cupboards, each zoom picking up speed and getting faster until you could only see an occasional black dot floating through the air.

"Adrien, where's all the camembert?" Plagg bellowed, zooming round in circles around his room. Adrien leant over the bed confused. He opened the bedside table drawer, where he kept the secret stash, and none was there. He gasped, instantly knowing what had happened.

"Plagg! My father's been here!" He yelled, "He beat us to it." Plagg's face dropped. There was a bang from downstairs, footsteps. Adrien shushed his kwami and navigated his room for somewhere to hide. He ran into his bathroom, realising that was too obvious. The footsteps became closer. But Adrien froze in his room. He felt powerless, and he couldn't transform because his kwami was hungry. 

Something was telling him to see who was behind the door. He was probably panicking. It could be Marinette? Or one of the heroes? His bodyguard, or even Felix perhaps? Plagg flew into his pocket as the door opened. Adrien stood, hands covering his face and eyes shut as the creaking of the door came to a halt.

"Adrien, are you alright?" It was Nathalie. Phew. Adrien opened his eyes, smiling at her. Nathalie looked at him, a distraught look on her face. 

"Who me?" Adrien replied casually, "I'm just scared of the thunder. I never liked it, hehe." He put his arm behind his back awkwardly and laughed. But Nathalie knew Adrien well enough. She knew something was bothering him. She walked towards him, clipboard in hand. She took ahold of his arm and they sat down on the edge of his bed. Nathalie placed her hand on top of Adrien's.

"I presume you're wondering whether or not dinner with your Father is still on tonight?" She looked at him, noticing how tense he'd become.

"He's the last person I want to talk to right now." Adrien began shaking with fury, "I mean, we can't place happy families all the time? What would we do? Have a laugh and eat food at the table? I never want to see him again." His fists clenched on his knees as a tear ran down his cheek.

There was a silence floating above them.

"I assume you've seen the news.." She looked at him, and he lifted his head up nodding back. Nathalie let out a gasp and wrapped her arm around Adrien. He cried into her shoulder for a bit.

"Why would he do this to us.." Adrien mumbled, "I know he didn't ever love me... but would he really go that far and do that to me? To everyone in Paris? To the girl I love!" His voice got louder this time. Nathalie began to panic. Unlike Adrien, she knew that Gabriel wouldn't hesistate to gp further than to target his own son if needs be.

"Adrien, I know it's difficult but you need to calm down. Think posit-" Nathalie was soon interrupted when Adrien threw himself out of her grasp.

"Oh yea, think 'positively' how do you expect me to do that?" He yelled, kicking his bin around. Nathalie reached out her hand, but he kept on going. He threw things off shelves. Ripped pages and pictures out of books, growling and getting even more angry as he did so. Thoughts racing through his head, raising his adrenaline.