fourteen

*

Chat Noir landed on top of City Hall. He squinted as he looked for Ladydark. As much as he didn't want to see his lady like this, he knew had to fight her, had to save her. She appeared, lunging infront of City Hall. Armed police were stood outside, guarding the Mayor. 

"Excuse me." Ladydark shoved past them.

"Hey!" One of them yelled, "Do not enter the hall!" Then the action began. She started attacking all the guards, sending them flying with her yo-yo. Helicopters hovered above, cameras sticking out the doors. 

Chat Noir jumped down. "Ladybug, stop please!" He yelled to her, over the crowd. He watched as she ignored him and walked through City Hall. He sighed and followed her in. 

She barged open the door, revealing Caline and Andre, the old mayor. They were looking at papered documents. 

"How dare you!" She stormed in, Caline jumping at the sight of Ladybug like this,"How dare you hire such irresponsible officers, who wrongly accused me! You approved of this! Why?" She slammed her hands on the desk.

"L-Ladybug.. I didn't approve of anything... w-what are you doing..?" Caline trembled.

"Oh don't act all innocent. You were once a nice, caring teacher and now look at you. You became Mayor and let them attack me! You believed Lila's lies!" Ladydark snapped at her. Chat Noir stepped in, placing a hand on Ladybug's shoulder.

"M'lady please, if we could just talk-" 

Roger came storming in, another army of officers. Ladydark flung round.

"Officer, what is the meaning behind all of this?" Caline stood up, pushing her chair back. 

"See this, young lady is why you lost your miraculous. You're calling me irresponsible but look at you, letting yourself be akumatized, you've lost the plot. What did you expect me to do? Not my fault you were a failure!" Roger yelled, taser pointed at Ladydark.

"Roger that's enough!" Caline shouted, placing a hand on Ladydark's shoulder, "Yelling at her is just going to make the problem worse! If we want things to work out, we have to find a way to work them out together!" She sighed, kneeling in front of Ladydark. 

"Why don't you stay and chat with me, explain everything that's happened and look towards a new solution, because I know Ladybug is still in there, red and black spotted suit or not, there will always be a tinge of Ladybug in you." Caline smiled at her, her blue eyes glistening. They held sparkles full pr promise, full of hope. 

Chat Noir knestled beside her, reaching out his hand. "We can do this together, me and you.. Like always." 

"Don't listen to them," Hawkmoth yelled in her head, "They're trying to decieve you!" She looked up at Chat Noir's reassuring smile, and ignored Hawkmoth.

Ladydark smiled at them both. "Alright, yeah." Caline got back off of her feet, and wrapped her arms around Ladybug. 

"That's the spirit! Cmon, we'll talk over hot chocolate an-" 

Roger grabbed ahold of Ladydark by her ears and flung her to the ground. Several guards appeared, covering her. 

"Roger, no! Leave her alone! She's innocent, she's not caused any harm!" Caline protested, running towards them, but getting shoved down by a guard.

Roger tugged at the earrings, but they didn't come off. "They're fake! Where's the real miraculous?"

Ladydark kicked them out of the way, and flung herself off the ground. "Trust me, you won't see them ever again." She ran out the window and leaped away. Roger blew his whistle and the guards ran down the stairs of City Hall. 

"Roger would you like to explain what's going on?" Caline sighed, sitting back at her desk, her face in her hands.

"I'll be going, gotta stop her before things get messy. You haven't seen M'lady in a mood, trust me, it's not pleasant."  Chat Noir sighed, "Just know you're responsible for this!" He snapped at Roger, and leapt out of the window.

"Marinette has abused her power, bullied Lila, kept secrets and lied, put us in danger-"

"I didn't ask about Marinette, I asked about Ladybug! What's she got to do with this anyway?" Caline chuntered. Roger looked at Caline, eye to eye. Caline felt  a weight lift off of her shoulders as she gasped.

"No..." Caline replied, hand over her mouth, "Marinette is Ladybug..?" 

No answer.

"You've made a huge mistake Roger! All this over hers and Lila's arguments? Well, I'll have you know Lila is in the wrong! Her and Chloe are the reason I'm no longer teaching! She's friends with your daughter Sabrina, you should know her better enough to know she'd never do this!" Caline picked up her bag and her folders, she stopped when got near Roger.

"I am ashamed in you, Roger." Caline whispered, as she went running out of hall, "LADYBUG COME BACK, PLEASE!" 

Roger hung his head in shame. He fell to the floor and cried. He pulled out the money that Gabriel had given him, remembered the voice of him blackmailing him in his head. He ripped the money into shreds, letting it fall on the floor until it was nothing more than tiny balls of paper.

"Screw you, Gabriel." He muttered.