nine

Marinette was shocked. There it was again, that funny feeling. She had so many voices in her head. Her heart was pacing. This whole time, Hawkmoth had been Gabriel.
Poor Adrien.  Now she regretted giving him her miraculous. He could put Adrien in danger. She turned round to face him.

"How could you do something like that.." She whispered. She looked as though she was about to crack. "How would Adrien feel about this?"

"You'll find out very shortly, all I need is Chat Noir's miraculous, then I'll tell him, hm?" 
Hawkmoth  got no response. Marinette looked over her shoulder. She knew what he was asking her to do.
He wanted her to trick Chat into giving her his miraculous, but she couldn't do that to Chat. She began walking away again.

"You gave me your miraculous to get back at them right?" Hawkmoth asked. She turned back round. 

"Yes." She did. She was so tired. Tired of giving her all and it never being enough.  Everyone in that room had betrayed her. She saw their faces. They looked at her in disgust. Some didn't even look at her, including Chat Noir. All because of Lila.

Her fists clenched at the name. As promised, she'd taken everything away from her. She was alone now. Her phone vibrated again, a call from Alya. She let it ring. She carried on thinking about what would happen when she got back to school, what else Lila could do to make her life miserable.

"I just want it all to stop." She chocked out, tears running down her face. 

"There is a way to make all this stop you know." Hawkmoth walked towards her, his hands clenched together.

"Yes.." Marinette sighed, then relaxed, " But Ladybug can't get Chat Noir's miraculous, nor can Marinette." She paused, and looked up, a grin threatening to appear, " I have another way of getting you the miraculous, but it'll require abit of help."  

Hawkmoth's mainuplation had worked. He grinned back at her, helping her to her feet. "Nice to have you by my side." He chuckled to himself as he realised how easy it was to flood Marinette's with negative thoughts when she was vulnerable like this.

                                                                                          *

It was raining now. There was no one left in the classroom except for the remaining Science class. The bell for lunch had sounded 15 minutes ago, but they all sat in their desks, in disbelief. None of them knew what to think. Chat Noir was stood at the front. 

"Well," He sighed, still upset, "I better get going. There's always something that needs taking care of in all my 9 lifes. Cya." He leaped towards the window, and felt a tug on his tail.

"Wait," It was Alya, "Guys, what are we thinking? Ladybug would never do anything like this! I'm sure it's all just a misunderstanding! Behind every action is a reason, we've all made mistakes before." 

"Yeah but lying to your partner," Chat Noir groaned, "Not cool. We swore we'd tell each other everything. She's been keeping that behind my back for a long time. How could I ever trust her again?" 

"I'm with the alley cat for this one," Chloe, who had come back and was sat on the table looking at her pocket mirror, chimed in. "Keeping secrets is not good. And the way she spoke to me? Utterly embarassing on her part."

"I'm sure you've said worse, Chloe." Sabrina glared at her, hands on her hips, "Actually, I know you used to tell me everything, but not anymore, considering you left me for Lila." 

Alya sighed. Everyone carried on arguing. She looked at her phone. Still no messages back, no calls. A tear fell down her cheek. She shouldn't have let her run off like that. Nino appeared behind her, looking over her shoulder.

"Oh yeah, where is Marinette? She didn't show up today." Nino asked. 
Think of something Alya.
"Don't worry everyone, the cat is on the chase." He leaped out of the classroom, before anyone could stop him. He needed someone to talk to about Ladybug, and he knew she'd listen like always.

"Why are we looking for the baker girl, she isn't relevant to any of this." Chloe rolled her eyes, putting on a fresh layer of lipstick.

"Can't you just like check her location or something." Juleka muttered, looking bored and fed up. Rose flung an arm round her.

"Juleka's right guys!" Rose squealed. "Lets check her location-"

"Or just go to her house and see if she's home?" Kim rolled his eyes now, his arms crossed, tapping his foot on the floor. "We're not wasting time looking for Marinette. She's always late. Today doesn't make a difference." 

Someone's stomach grumbled loudly. Everyone turned to face Max.

"Alya's right!" Nino yelled, "We are the resistance. And we swore to help and protect Ladybug from Mona-Hawkmoth, should I say, and that's what we're going to do! We've seen it a 100 times, Ladybug is the most caring person we know. Who goes out of there way to save you? Who wastes their essential time to prioritise Paris and make sure everyones okay? Ladybug. So, I say we have a meeting on how we're gonna bring Ladybug back. Over food, obviously." He grinned at Max. Max nodded his head.

"Team resistance!" They all put their fists in the centre of them, and pounded.

OMG OMG OMG!!!

I'VE JUST WATCHED THE ACTUAL LAST EPISODE OF SEASON 5 AND WTFFF.

I GENUINELY SOBBED ;-;

is this getting boring..?