eighteen

Master Fu walked up to them, and he knelt in front of Ladydark. He pulled out a book. The book Gabriel had.

Suddenly her head was flooded with so many flashbacks and memories. She watched as he opened a page and started reading it. He then slammed it shut.

"How many times did I tell you that too much miraculous use can make you go crazy? You could lose your mind!" He re-opened the book and turned to that page. She looked down at it.

"But.. I don't have a miraculous on me at all." She shrugged, "I gave it to-"

"I know what you did. But the powers are getting to you, you're losing control over your being and actions. You should know this." Master Fu raised his hand and haltered for her to talk. He then put his finger infront of his lip. 

"Marinette Dupain Cheng, you've proved to me several times how much of an excepetional Guardian and wearer you are. Right or wrong I never doubted you or regretted my decision, I knew I made the right choice leaving the miracle box in your hands. You got it back when it got stolen, and now you only need to retrieve two more miraculous from Hawkmoth, then it's all over. The butterfly and-"

"-and the ladybug." She continued. He looked at her, a stern look on his face. "What've I done?" She said to him, tears falling down her face. She looked down at her arms, acknowledging the once red and black suit that was now purple and black. 

"Everything got too much. Guardian, responsibilites, Lila... it all become too much to carry." Tears ran down her cheek, her voice barely escaping her mouth. "I don't even know who I am anymore." She grabbed her arm to stop it from shaking, the other hand on her head.

"What you must do Marinette," Master Fu began talking, "Is free yourself of Hawkmoth. Free yourself of you. Hawkmoth has turned  you into someone else that isn't you, and you must regain your recognition of yourself. All of Paris has your back, akumatized or not we are all here for you. Including I."

A gust of wind hit Master Fu, and he slowly started to dissolve. Ladydark stared speechless.

"You can do it.." He said, "For me." He winked at her. He reached out his cloudy hand. She reached out to hold it. Her hand went through it and he blew away. She knew what she had to do. 

                                                                                         *

"I don't see anything." Carapace said, "Are we missing something?" 

Ladydark climbed off the floor. She slowly walked forward, resting her hand where she'd seen Master Fu.

"Don't tell me she's actually trying to hold wind." Queen Bee laughed, "Now you can tell that's baker girl." She whispered in Rena's ear. But Rena watched her, caught in fasination by what she was doing. 

Ladydark looked at a puddle on the floor and saw her reflection. Enough was enough. She turned round to face them, a stern look on her face.

"I didn't say anything!" Queen Bee shouted, "So don't attack me you beetle-" 

She sighed. "Chat,Queen Bee, Carapace, Rena. Follow me." She swung away. The others stood in confusion. 

"Are we going or...?" Carapace stood there. Soon action sprung. Chat Noir and Rena went chasing after her.

"Guess we're just the only ones who think this is utterly ridiculous!" Queen bee smiled at him, Carapace surprinsingly smiled back. They both leapt away together, laughing.

Ladydark landed on a roof near the Eiffel Tower. Deja vu hit her. This roof. She'd been here before, not too long ago actually. The day she lost the miraculous. This time she was standing on that roof again, with another lost miraculous. Below her was a mess. Half the city that she swore and vowed to protect. Broken.
There wasn't anything like Paris. Paris was beautiful. Everything about it was so aesthetic and pretty. She'd ruined all that. She'd taken everything away from the people who lived there. Who had she turned into?