twenty one

Marinette went running out the trapdoor, helmet in hand. 

"Wasn't she supposed to stay here?" Ziggy asked. "Alya's gonna get mad."

"There's nothing we can do, we can't go outside." Mullo exclaimed. 

"It's fine, she's a smart girl." Sass smiled, "She knows what she's doing." 

                                                                         *

Marinette ran down her stairs, pulling her phone out. So many messages from her parents asking if she's seen the news, and that they were on the next train home. She sprinted out the door, the bell making the usual chime.

When she ran out she was hit with a humid breeze. The sensory overload came crashing on her. Buildings were collapsing, the smell of smoke rising, screams and sirens wailing in the distance. She was too busy typing she crashed into someone. 

"Sorry!" She ran past, but an arm pulled her back. 

"Luka..?" She gasped. He pulled her in for a hug. 

"I never wanna see you like that again." He sighed into her shoulder, "I was worried sick." 

Marinette wanted to cry in his arms, but she had to stay focused.

"Yeah well we've got bigger problems," She sighed, "And now would be a good time to ask for a ride?" 

Luka smiled at her. They pedalled through the street of Paris. 

"Whatever you're doing," He yelled to her over the wind, "I trust you." He smiled back at her. 

"Yes, I know what I'm doing." She looked around her. Broken parts of buildings. Her heart ached, and she laid her head on Luka's back. Luka blushed, especially when she held round his waist tighter. He never wanted this moment to end.

But sadly it had to. She hopped off the bike. 

"Thanks Luka," She went to kiss him on the cheek, when he grabbed her face and pulled her in. He stood up, the knocking the bike over, kissing her on her lips. He held her close, allowing his hands to slide down her arms and interlock with her hands. Marinette clenched her hands into fists and pulled her self off of him.

"Luka..." She looked at him, confusion and anger written across her face. "I can't-"

"I know you can't, cause there's Adrien. I get it." Luka shrugged her off sulking.

"You said I could move on to Adrien, you said it was okay!" She snapped at him. "So you can't get mad at me for it!" 

"If I would have said I wasn't okay with it, would you still have stayed?" Luka snapped looking at her. Marinette's shoulders slouched. She was speechless. But she was also something else. Irriated. 

She walked away from him, throwing the helmet into the bin.

"What is wrong with everybody today!" She growled, kicking her feet behind her as she walked away sulking, leaving a heartbroken but worried Luka.

                                                                                           *

The battle was ongoing. Carapace hit Hawkmoth with his shell, aiming to knock him to the ground. But Hawkmoth had over plans. He grabbed the shell, and frizbied it into Chat Noir, sending him flying to the ground. They were all on the ground, exhausted. 

Rena lay there, watching Hawkmoth battling Queen Bee. She wanted to close her eyes and admit defeat, but she knew she couldn't. This was all for Marinette - she couldn't disappoint her anymore than she already had.

Queen bee went flying into a wall face first, bouncing back onto the floor. Hawkmoth walked up to them slowly.

"It's a shame." He paused, and then grinned. "Ladybug's negative emotions, I can feel them close by. I knew she wouldn't want to come back to hero world, she was destined to be a villain, a villain that serves for me."

"Oh not again," Queen bee groaned, "I don't know who was worse." She clutched her stomach, which grumbled loudly. 

Hawkmoth laughed, "Can't you see it's over for you? All I have to do is regain control over Ladybug, and reakumatize her. You're powerless against both of us." He threw his hands in the air exclaiming.

He was too caught up in being delusional that he didn't notice the figure stood on massive rocks behind him.

"Hawkmoth." She yelled. The superheros turned to look at her. Hawkmoth grinned at her presence. She grabbed ahold of her stomach and coughed, head rushing with pain, but she ignored it.

"Dude, get outta here!" Carapace yelled.

"He's right girl, it's not safe." Rena ushured.

"Marinette, there you are! I've been worried about you." Chat Noir forced out a smile.

"Uhh, who's gonna tell him?" Queen Bee shrugged.

"Miss Dupain - Cheng.. it's so amazing to see you here." Monarch grinned at her with pleasure all over his face.

"I believe you have something for me?" She asked, leaping down off of the rocks. The superheroes looked at her with panic all over their face, they wanted to go save her but neither could get up.

"Marinette you don't have to do this!" Rena tried to yell, but all that came out was a groan.

"I believe I do," Hawkmoth looked back at her, "You want revenge, you want justice!. Come again and help me get the miraculous!" 

Marinette laughed. Everyone turned to look at her, "Are you really asking for my help? The only thing you need help with is making your villains look better, which is shocking for you. Gabriel Agreste." 

Cat Noir flung his head up. Tears swelled up in his eyes. Everyone gasped in horror. Nadja was capturing the whole thing. Everyone watching gasped.

How did she remember?  Hawkmoth began to panic as people around him looked at him.

"Gabriel Agreste?"

"No way.."

"There you have it everyone, Hawkmoth is supposably Gabriel Agreste."

"What makes her say that?" 

"You seriously thought you could defeat me that easy," Marinette laughed, walking towards Hawkmoth so they were face to face. She leant forward to whisper something, "But the bug is smarter than the moth." 

Everyone looked at her in confusion. Rena tried to climb off the ground, but her body wouldn't allow her to. There was one person though, who understood straight away. But no.. She coudln't be.

"Alright then," Hawkmoth turned his whole body round, resting his stick on the back of his neck, "Bring it on,"

"Ladybug." 

A/N: Hiii guys! I just wanted to say a huge thankyou to those who have been following the story and supporting me, i genuinely did not expect 200 views i appreciate it so much!!

these chapters havent been posted in an organised order which i would have prefered to release 5 every week or so etc, but im not gonna be writing a while bc i go on holiday tomorrow and dont have wattpad on mobile (plus why write when youre abroad??) 

anywayss, i cant wait to see how my book does when i check again when im back to release the finale chapters!! 

take care everyone <3

-current views: 211 🫶🏼
-current ratings: 7 ⭐