seventeen

"Hey dude!" Carapace ushered, "Sup?" They awaited an answer.

Luka looked at Alya, worry in his eyes. Alya soon understood what he was asking, and signalled back that she did. The superheroes stood outside the bakery, the once busy street quiet. Nothing to be heard other than helicopters and sirens.

"I want to know how Ladybug get akumatized." Luka growled, tears threatening to fall, "What happened?"

"It's a long story." Chat Noir yawned, "Besides no time to chit chat, we have to actually do something about her before she gets more out of hand then she already is,"

"I don't care!" Luka snapped, "I don't care how long it takes, I will find out why she's like this and I will save her. No matter the cost. Because I love that girl. Whether she has a boyfriend, whether she's just a friend, she has a special place in my heart that can't be replaced. She's my favourite melody. The way she laughs, her voice, her beauty creates one big melody. I can't stand to see her like this. So, I am going to help you." 

Chat Noir blinked, "Wait, you dated Ladybug?" He gasped, "You were the boy?" He was confused. In his opinion, he was much more better looking than Luka. He thought he must have  a thing for blue haired girls.

 Alya could only feel for him. She'd seen how much he admired Marinette, he was there for her all the time. And then when Adrien came back, Marinette left Luka. He acted like he wasn't hurt, but deep down she knew he was. 

Rena smiled at him. Her smile was filled with comfort and hope. She wanted to give him a miraculous, but she couldn't. She couldn't bring herself to. A big group would startle her friend even more. Their goal was to save and reassure her, not make her feel pressured and attacked. She looked back up at him.

"Luka, I promise you we're going to fix things. You just need to bare with." She saw the smiled fade of Luka's face, as his shoulders dropped with his head. She sighed, "Please Luka, as of right now she's dangerous." 

"She isn't! She'll listen to me!" He snapped, "Please Alya, if you're going to let me in, let it be now. I have to save her. Reason with her." To this he got no answer.

"Why don't we just get Adri-nothing?" Queen Bee sighed, "She'll listen to him." 

Chat Noir looked up confused, "What's model boy going to do?" He asked, "Ladybug probably doesn't even care about him, who would?" He shrugged, feeling delightful to roast himself for once. 

"I know you ain't talking about my best friend like that, she's paid more attention to him than you, kitten!" Carapace squared up to him, "We're not here to be harsh to my dude, we're here to save Paris, and M- your lady!"

Chat Noir didn't know whether to feel appreciated or annoyed by what he'd just said. Before he could decide how to react, there was an ear-deafening bang. They watched as the Eiffel Tower collapsed, falling to the ground. A bang, and then smoke and screams. 

"She's getting out of hand," Queen Bee groaned, "Cmon, let's go." The superheroes all jumped into the air and started running from roof top to roof top. There was only Rena and Luka left standing there alone.

"How could you let that happen to Marinette.." Luka whispered coldly, "You're supposed to be her best friend! Surely you didn't believe Lila!" 

"I didn't Luka!" Rena snapped, "But in that situation I was trying to take it all in myself, I couldn't say anything! I said all I could, and that should be enough." She stormed away,  leaving Luka alone fists clenched, holding back tears.

When Rena met them all at the Eiffel Tower, Ladydark was stood below it. People had been fled away and fire engines and tv station vans had arrived. Nadja was the first to go running towards the mess. 

"Woah, Nadja!" Chat Noir yelled, "Back off!" Nadja slowly retreated back to the van, capturing as much as she could before she took cover.

"You think you're such a good hero don't you?" Ladydark stood infront of him, "Last I checked we were supposed to look out for each other, have each others backs? Seems you don't care about me at all." She raised her yo-yo up and started spinning it. 

"M'lady.." Chat Noir started, "I was a fool for believing her I know. Deep down I wanted to hear something else, but after hearing about me being..." He looked to the ground, "I was scared and hurt because I didn't know I was capable of that... I shouldn't have shut you out, I'm sorry-"

He was about to continue but his eyes lifted to meet hers. She was crying. Her, the tough villain, was crying. Her face was drowning in tears. The whole superhero squad stopped to look at her. 

"Did you really mean it.." Ladydark asked, "All those times you admitted your admiration for me? Or was it some stupid joke?" She tensed up, tears disapearing within a second. "What am I saying? If you cared you wouldn't have hurt me would you?" She looked down and choked on her tears, "But it doesn't matter now, because no one will ever hurt me again. I don't need anyone but myself."

She charged towards him, enabling cataclysm on her yoyo. She froze as she saw him look up at her, a smile across his face.

"Of course I did!" He exclaimed, "You're my bugaboo always and forever. Nothing could ever come between us." 

People had been taken away by officers now. The scene was blocked off, making it easier to have her full attention. It was just the 5 of them

She smiled at him, and he walked towards her. He grabbed her hand. "Please come back."  This was all apart of the plan. Then she grabbed his hands and threw him over her shoulders. He hit his head hard on the floor. The team came running towards them. She was sat on top of him, knelt above his stomach, his hand still interlocked with hers.

"Please.." He groaned, "You don't have to do this.." Looking up at her from below, he could see she'd stopped. She was still. He lifted himself up, to see her frozen. Was she shocked? Then it hit him. Something about her was ... hurting? 

She crawled off him, her hands in her head groaning. She was taking heavy breaths. She wailed out. He'll never forget that scream. It was the worse thing he'd ever heard. It echoed throughout Paris, shook walls but most of all, shook her. It was as though she didn't know what she was doing, she had no control over herself. 
Hawkmoth.

Rena ran towards her, eyes filled with panic. 

"Dude it could be another trap what are you doing!" Carapace yelled, "Get here!" Rena knelt down beside her, arm around her. 

"What's wrong?" She asked her, "Talk to me, please."  She lifted her hand to show all fighting was off. The other heroes did the same.

"Listen, let's put the past behind us, I was horrid, but together, we can help you come back to your senses." Queen Bee held eye contact with her. But Ladydark saw right through her.

"Is she struggling to breathe?!" Chat Noir panicked.

"No.." Rena spotted what she was looking at, "I think she's in shock." They all turned round to face the direction she was looking in.

"M-master Fu?" Ladydark gasped.