twelve

The rain had stopped, the sun was fighting it's way through the grey clouds. Paris had a gentle but cold breeze. It was noon. Everyone was getting back to their lifes. Work, school, shopping.

She landed on top of the Eiffel Tower, and looked down at the whole of Paris. There still weren't many people outside. She remembered the first time she'd stood on the Eiffel Tower, promising everyone she was there to protect them as she let out her lucky charms.

Haha. How nice she was back then made her sick. These people didn't deserve to be protected. They deserved to suffer, and not have anyone there for them. She looked at her yo-yo, knowing that everyone's worse nightmare would appear as soon as she let them go.

"Don't forget the plan," A voice said in her head, "Wait for Chat Noir to show up, then let out your charms." The butterfly disappeared off her face, and suddenly she was snapped back to reality. She knew she was going to be waiting a while, so she could make the most of her time.

"Don't worry," She said, "He'll show up soon, and if he doesn't, I'll just give him reasons to." She swung away, heading towards the school.

*

Adrien walked into the canteen to see all his friends piled around one large circular table. He appeared behind them.

"Hey guys, what'd I miss?" He asked.

"Surprisingly nothing," Nino sighed, "Which is not what we were hoping for." He slouched miserably in his chair, shoving a cucumber into his mouth.

Adrien looked around in confusion. Everyone looked so upset. He had a feeling it was to do with Ladybug.

"Does this have anything to do with-" Adrien got interrupted.

"Listen, we think we made a huge mistake." Mylene said, gesturing her arm to the whole group, "We've come to terms that Ladybug would never do any of the things, and well, the things she did do, there's obviously a reason why. And instead of letting her talk and explain herself, we yelled at her, said horrible things to her. God knows what she's thinking right now."

"Umm, by 'we' I hope you mean you guys, because I had no relation to this," Zoe chimed in, "I still can't believe all of you would treat her like that! It's - It's... I don't even know." She threw her hands in the air and sighed.

Chloe, leant back on her chair, popped a bubble of gum. It made a loud noise. Everyone turned to look at her. She swung back upright. "Well I, despise how Ladybug treated me," She paused, "kinda agree with you all."

Everyone gasped. "Okay no need to make a big deal out of it!" Chloe snapped, "I'm just saying, she's as lame as they get, but I don't believe the abuse of power or the threatening Lila, I mean, let's be honest, who wouldn't wanna cave her head in 6 feet under?"

Everyone remained silent. "No one?"

"Weren't you two like just bffs like an hour ago? She left the room with you when you cried!" Alya yelled, "Agh, make up your mind Chloe."

"I'll have you know that when I was crying about what Ladybug said, Lila told me this is 'all apart of her plan' to get rid of Ladybug!" Chloe yelled. Everyone gasped again. They looked at each other, knowing they'd made a huge mistake.

"Oh really, she said that? Funny how you all believe Chloe when she says that, but none of you believed me. It's hilarious." Came a voice, from behind. Adrien recognised this voice. Ladybug.

He knew what he was going to say to her. He'd turn round look her in the eye, and apologise for what everyone had done, and how he didn't believe her. But when he turned round, he wasn't met with Ladybug. No, this wasn't like Ladybug, and when he stared at her for a few seconds longer, his heart dropped.

This Ladybug's suit was purple. It wasn't red and black. It was purple with black spots. Everything else about her appearance was just the same, but he knew deep down, the inside was nothing like the Ladybug he knew.

"Ladybug..?" Rose trembled. He tried to get something out, to beg her that this was a bad idea. But he couldn't. He opened his mouth and nothing came out. Instead he just stood still, shock and horror flowing through his vessels. His heart pounded, and he could hear it. He was sure everyone could.

"If I was Ladybug, I'd have my miraculous, in which, I don't not anymore. Are you all happy?" She eyed the class, jumping down to stand in the centre of them. Ivan clutched Mylene, Rose and Juleka held hands. Max, Nate, Luka, Kagami, Kim, Sabrina and Zoe stood in a group, holding each others arms.

Four were remained not holding onto anyone. Alya, Nino, Chloe and Adrien were eye to eye with her.

"It can't be..." Alya whimpered out, "You.. girl, no!" Alya ran forward towards her.

"ALYA!" Nino called, reaching his arm out to grab her. Alya flung her arms around Ladydark.

"I'm so sorry girl.." She cried into her chest, "Please.. come back, it's me, Alya, Rena?" The whole class stood in silence, waiting for anything to happen.

"Hang on, you know Ladybug? Like personally?" Kim asked. Alya didn't say anything. Nothing needed to be said. You could see a strong bond and connection between them, where words didn't matter.

She felt Ladydark ease as she relaxed a bit more, allowing herself to be wrapped in Alya's arms.

"Yes, that's it, Ladybug.." Alya whispered in her ear, "Come on, you can do it." Out of the corner of her eye, she saw a flash of purple light, and suddenly she felt herself being thrown to the ground. She toppled over Ladydark's shoulder and hit her head on the ground. Nino ran towards her, giving a dirty look at the villain.

"There's nothing any of you can do now, you wanted me to lose my miraculous and it's gone! I guess you were just oblivious of the outcome." She shrugged.

"Soooo, you don't have your miraculous on?" Adrien asked, shocked that even something as little as that came out.

"My miraculous?" She asked, turning to face Adrien, "No, but Roger doesn't have it. Hawkmoth does."

"You've teamed up with Hawkmoth!" Adrien exclaimed.

"Girl, you've gone crazy!" Alya yelled, sitting up, hand on her head.

"I wonder why." She muttered, "I told you, soon I wouldn't be here to protect you, and once I have Chat Noir's miraculous, you'll be left suffering by yourself with no one to protect you." and before anyone could say anything else, she flung away. Alya bowed her head in shame.

"Hang on a sec," Ivan asked, "If she hasn't got her miraculous on her, how is she akumatized?" Everyone looked at him.

"I thought it was obvious?" Chloe scoffed, "Clearly she's been akumatized in her civillian form!"

"Wait..." Max started, "If what Chloe is saying is true, then Hawkmoth knows Ladybug's identity." Alya went drip white. Her bestfriend was in danger, and she hadn't been there to stop it.

"Cmon Resistance, we need to free her!" Nino stood up.

"But... we don't know a thing about who she really is!" Rose exclaimed, "How are we supposed to do anything?"

"We don't..." Chloe said quietly, her eyes narrowing to a girl who was crouched on the floor, "but she does."