twenty

Marinette woke up with a start. Everything was blurry around her.

"Tikki... I just had a really bad dream that I gave my miraculous to Hawkmoth and he akumatized me, and I destroyed all of Paris." She buried herself in her duvet. No reponse.

"Tikki..?" She sat up slowly, and gasped when she looked over on her bedside shelf to see Tikki wasn't there. She felt at her ears. Nothing.

"TIKKI!" She screamed. It echoed through the whole of Paris. She ran down her ladder.

"Oh no no no no no no!" She opened the miracle box, and all the kwamis flew out.

"Hey Marinette, glad to see your back on your feet!" Sass smiled at her. 

"This is bad Sass! I had a nightmare, Tikki's gone! I ... don't know anything. I..." Suddenly she got a pounding pain in her head. She felt to the floor and wailed, closing her eyes. When she closed her eyes she saw herself. Saw herself destroying her home, the city she loved. 

She needed confirmation. She ran to her window, and almost fainted when she saw the view. Buildings were on fire, smoke was everywhere. It was foggy all around her house. 
"No..." She gasped, "I couldn't have.." 

She turned to face the kwamis. Sass looked at her and nodded slowly. Tears formed in her eyes. She fell to the floor.

"I'm the worse guardian ever," She cried into a cushion, "What sort of guardian does that?"

Sass flew towards her. "Listen Marinette, I know it's difficult, but you have to stay positive. Your akuma hasn't been captured, and it will only multiply and wait for your negative emotions again! Then we'll be back at square one, as Plagg would say."

Marinette looked at him, "Did anyone find out my identity?" Sass looked at the other kwamis, and they shrugged anxiously. 

"Sass!" Marinette snapped. 

"I-"

Marinette threw the cushion across the room, growling. "Sass if you don't want me to be akumatized again, I suggest you answer me! Who knows my identity!" She had tears in her eyes again. 

Sass sighed, "Nino.. and Chloe.." 

"CHLOE?!" She yelled, "WHY HER?! NO THIS IS BAD." She started pacing around her room. 

"That's not the worse part." Longg added. 

"Then what is! What could be worse than her knowing my identity!" She snapped.

"Uhm, perhaps Lila knowing, Roger knowing, Gabriel Agreste knowing, Hawkmoth knowing." Xuppu stated. The kwamis glared at him. "Oops." 

Marinette went purple. "H-hawkmoth knows.. my identity.." She fell to the floor, heavy breathing. There it was again. She closed her eyes. 

Now I see why my son admired you so much, Marinette. 

Those words played on her mind. Her vision was blurry. She saw purple. The voice she knew, but it wasn;t instantly recognisable. She tensed her eyes up, screwing them. That's when the blurrines joined together to create an image. A person. 

Hawkmoth.