three

Marinette was just about to leave the house when she realised she'd left her phone on her couch. She ran up to get it quickly, when she saw a text on her phone, from someone she'd never expect to get a text from.

Marinette,
I know your secret.  Don't think I won't hesitate t use it against you. If you want your little secret to remain a secret, I think Ladybug is going to have to pay a visit to Francais Dupaint High School.
-Lila.

Her heart stopped. She dropped the phone, and it made a loud thud. Her head was aching with so many thoughts. She became really overwhelmed.
"This is bad, Marinette." Tikki gasped, "Real bad. Who knows what Lila's gonna do if you don't do what she asks?" 
Marinette sighed, tears threatening to fall.

"That's why I'm going. To school. As Ladybug. And then I'll figure out how we can deal with this, and remind her this has nothing to do with out petty little arguments, this is something ten times more serious. Besides, she'll probably just want me to say that I've saved her life." She looked at herself in the mirror, changing her worried face into a bold, idgaf look. She transformed.

                                                                                  *

Ms. Mendleiev was doing class registration. The classroom was full, for once, but full of sad faces. The class had Ms Mendleiev for supply, and they were desperate to have Miss Bustier.

"She didn't have a choice," Rose whispered to Juleka, "She's doing this for us, that's a good thing right?" 

"Marinette?" Ms Mendeleiv called out. The class remained silent. Where was she? Alya frantically started typing to her. Adrien looked at Alya, worry and confusion in his eyes. Alya shrugged at him.

"Let me guess," Ms Mendeliev said, "Marinette isn't coming to lesson because she didn't do her homework, and she's going to come up with some lame excuse. Am I right?" She gestured to Alya. Everyone turned to her.

Whatever she's doing,  she thought,  it has to be something relevant to Ladybug.

"I'm not sure Ms? I haven't heard from her all morning-" 

"Nonsense!" Ms Mendeliev snapped, "You have choquettes!"
Suddenly, Alya was interrupted by a loud thud on the door. Alya's jaw dropped when she saw who walked in.

"You're not Marinette?" Ms Mendleiev said as Ladybug came walking in. 

A giggle escaped Lila's mouth. The class went silent and looked at her, waiting for what she had to say. 

Ladybug sighed. "Alright Lila, whatever urgent thing you needed to tell me get it out now. I have places to be." She stood at the front, glaring at her.

"What, like class?" Lila smirked. 

Everyone looked at Ladybug, confused about what Lila meant. All eyes were on her. They were waiting for her to speak. And all of a sudden, this confident, idgaf attittude bubbled into anger, frustration, and fury.

"You think you're so funny, huh? Well guess what Lila." She walked towards her, anger all over her face, "You may know what others don't, but there is no way  I'm going to let you of all people boss me about. I'm not doing anything for you." Her voice became louder, more raised, more aggresive.
"I'm not going to tremble and worry about you selling me out. You know why? Cause if you sell me out, you'd be the bad guy." She got close up in her face, "Everyone would believe me, because I'm a superhero, and -"

The door flung open again, except a heavier pair of feet came barging in.

"Dad?" 

Ladybug froze. She'd been set up.