Slumber party

After it got too hot out, we went back to our dorms.
"Celeste wanna have a sleepover tonight?" Melanie asked.
"YES WE'RE HAVING A BESTIE SLEEPOVER!" Celeste squealed happily. She started to run cheerfully to the dorms, and I started to run too, but Melanie looked as if she was struggling. I went back to her and asked what was wrong.
"I just used all of my energy flying to get that tennis ball, I can't even run to get her." Melanie said as she sighed. I thought for a moment, and then smirked.
"I have a solution, but you owe me!" I yelled as I picked her up princess style.
"Y/N!" Melanie yelled while giggling. Her face blushed, and she smiled at me as the sunset lit up her dark brown eyes, turning them a hazelnut colour. I looked at her and wanted to say so many things. I stopped myself from talking and instead blushed like crazy, and sprinted all the way to the dorms after Celeste.

We arrived at the dorms, and changed into our Pj's. Me and Celeste were already changed, and Melanie left the room.
"Hey, Y/N?" Celeste asked.
I didn't hear her at first.
"Y/N!" Celeste yelled. I turned my head to her. "Sorry, I didn't hear you!" I apologized.
"I've noticed your hearing is pretty bad. Was it always that way?" She asked politely. My heart dropped.
"Oh...w-well..." I struggled for a moment.
"M-My mother...well she was always...I didn't always....."
I couldn't find the words.
"Here let me show you." I closed my eyes and opened them again to see mine and Celeste's eyes were black.

(TW: offensive language, and abusive behavior.)

"SHUT THE FUCK UP. I PAY THE BILLS IN THIS HOUSE YOURE GONNA DO WHAT I SAY." My mother screamed in anger. Celeste flinched.
"GET THE FUCK OUT. I DONT WANT TO SEE YOUR IDIOTIC LOOKING FACE." She screamed again.

End of TW

I opened my eyes as tears fell. Celeste looked at me in terror, and ran to hug me. My eyes were so watery that my vision was blurry, but I didn't cry. I didn't want to open up to anyone. I wanted to just forget all about it. I pulled away from the hug, and spoke.
"That's basically why." I said laughing a little. "My mother was screaming all of the time so my hearing was impacted."
Celeste looked at me.
"I'm so sorry, Y/N." She spoke.
I brushed it off and Melanie walked out of the bathroom. She walked in-front of the TV, my eyes following her the whole way.
"She's so beautiful." I thought. Something about her made me so nervous and happy.
"I'll be right back!" Melanie said as she walked out of the dorms. I was still staring as she left the room, and Celeste noticed.

"You love Melanie." Celeste said.
"WHAT!?" I yelped in shock.
"You love Melanie Martinez!" She was saying in a singing/laughing voice.
"I-I..d-do not!" I said, trying to defend myself with any amount of dignity I had left.
"I watched your eyes as she walked by. I bet you were thinking, "What a sight for sore eyes!""
Celeste started to sing that one Conan Gray song while putting the flashlight on her phone, and swaying it side to side. I was blushing like crazy.
"Stawp!" I giggled.
Just then Melanie came back. Her pajamas were adorable with pink ruffles and laced ends. I blushed and looked away. I calmed down and looked over to Celeste who was smirking while she watched my action.
"Stop it!" I mouthed.
She rolled her eyes and giggled a bit. I turned over to Melanie to see she was upset.