The Rose thorn

We had left the school and we're in the schools botanical garden. I hated Leo so much. And if he tried to take Melanie from me I might actually get sent to jail.

(TW: panic attack)

Celeste and the others were walking infront of me, and out of the blue I started to have a panic attack. I felt my heart beat in my head, and I felt a little dizzy.
Nobody seemed to take notice, and I fell to my knees behind a rose bush. Since roses have thorns, I scratched my leg.
"Oh shit!" I whispered while crying as I saw my leg bleed. I couldn't even focus on my leg because my vision became blurry with tears and I started to hyperventilate. Oh no.

"W-What if she falls in love with Leo? What if he forces himself on her? What if she never really loved me at all? M-My leg is b-bleeding! I-It's h-hard to breathe..!"
I thought as I covered my face with my hands and started to sob. I've always had trouble handling my emotions. I didn't believe any of the words in my head, but it was so hard for me to accept that Melanie actually loved me. No one had ever really loved me before, it was impossible to not have these dumb doubts in my head after being raised in such a manner.
"M-Maybe she'll say no to my invitation to the dance? Maybe I shouldn't even a-" I then felt a strong hug to my waist, completely taking me aback.
"Y/N!"
I felt someone wipe my tears, but it was completely ineffective as I kept sobbing, and I was sobbing loudly. I was also extremely embarrassed that someone is seeing me cry right now, making me cry harder. I wanted to just dig a hole in the rose covered dirt and fade away. I still had no idea who this person was, but I couldn't open my eyes. Was it my Melanie?
I felt like I was going to pass out, my heart was absolutely pounding, and I felt short of breath. I started to gasp for air and freak the fuck out. I couldn't breathe, and I was choking on my sobs. My eyes turned full black unlike all the other times before, when they just flickered.
"Y/N! Y/N! Y/N!!!" Are the last words I heard before I passed out.

(I would like to say something. When a person has panic attacks, they can't control them. Everything around them feels overwhelming, and they often feel overstimulated from the smallest things. Please remember they aren't choosing to have panic attacks. Please don't ever make fun of an individual for having panic attacks. Thank you! 🫶)

(End of TW!)

I woke up to a soft touch. I felt an overwhelming presence cloud over me.

"Hello Y/N." I heard Lilith speak. I shot my eyes open and looked around. I seemed to be in an endless void of black, with small flowers all around.
"Listen, my dear. The world around you may seem cruel and heartbreaking, but you have people who care about you, and you always will. I know this because these individuals you have in your life, have been with you through many lifetimes. You 5 always meet each other again in new lives. Never ever hold fear in your heart. Now wake up my sweet child. Your dearest is waiting for you." She smiled.
"Melanie!?" I spoke as I suddenly fell down a black hole, and passed out once more.

I woke up to a soft touch on my cheek. I fluttered my eyes open to see my leg covered with a pink ribbon over the cut. The words of Lilith stung in my head. I started to cry again and looked up to see I was laying on the lap of Melanie Martinez, my sweet girlfriend. She looked as if she was crying, with her puffy red eyes and dark circles. Without a second thought, I jumped onto Melanie and kissed her. Melanie let out a gasp as she kissed me back and hugged me freakishly tight. Celeste, Fleur, Magnolia and Melanie all by my side. I had never realized just how much I loved them.
"W-What happened...?" I mumbled while breaking the kiss and rubbing my eyes. I looked over to the other girls and they all had teary eyes aswell.
"Well you had a panic attack and worried the shit out of us when you fell face first straight to the dirt." Magnolia spoke while wiping her tears away.
"Oh shit. That was not what I wanted to happen at all. I'm so sorry for worrying you guys!"
They all interrupted me with a really tight hug. I started to giggle and hug them back.
"We know it's not what you wanted to happen. You couldn't control it, it's okay Y/N." Fleur spoke gently. I smiled sillily and moved past everything that had happened. I felt secure and safe and happy.
"Okay I know you all love me but I can't breathe again." I giggled and they quickly let go of me.
"Darling, you know I would never ever leave you right?" Melanie spoke in my head with black eyes, obviously referring to me freaking out about Leo.
"Y-Yes." I whispered while gently pulling away from everyone and wiping my tears.
"I love you guys. Thank you so much." I giggled and shot up.
"Nah we love you more." Celeste giggled out while taking our hands and running back to the dorms. I suddenly became more excited at the thought of asking Melanie to the dance, and giggled from excitement.