003

My head was throbbing when I woke up, the metal smell of blood immediately filling my nose. I winced at the slightest move I made as my eyes opened slowly. Well, at least I was alive.

I knew I had to get up and didn't want to hesitate too long, so just grabbed my stuff right away and took a quick look on my side.

It looked horrible. I lost lots of blood and it even looked like the wound got bigger, yet it didn't stop me from getting on my feet. I did have to hold onto the tree to do that, but I succeeded and started walking very slowly.

Every step hurt, every movement ached, and my legs burned. I wanted to get back home and sleep in my bed which was much more comfortable than the ground, but when I inspected my area, I didn't recognize a thing.

I came to the realization I ran very far with the creature chasing me. Far enough for me to not remember the way back.

I sighed and just wandered around, looking for signs of life and animals to hunt on. Food was a need, after all. And then I heard voices, causing me to grab my arrow and bow not a second later.

I stepped behind a tree and heard at least four voices talking, and multiple footsteps scrunching on branches. And then, I jumped forward and shot my arrow.

Someone screamed as I hid again, not knowing if I hit the people, who were most likely Cranks.
"What the shuck!"

"Whose out there?"

I furrowed my eyebrows deeply. The voices did not belong to Cranks. They weren't raspy or slugged, but young.. and male, though.

I was having a hard time considering if I should reveal myself or not. It would be hard to kill four or maybe more people, I didn't know them, I was hurt, and maybe they also had weapons to kill me.

As I held my breath, I felt my head get lighter and the pain worse. It was doing something to my body that I didn't understand.

"Reveal yourself." Someone ordered. I sighed and eventually obeyed, pointing my arrow right into the group.

I didn't take much time to inspect them but noticed they were all about the same height and probably age. The two in the front were blonde and brown-haired, a dark-skinned boy along with a dark blonde boy in the back, and next to them all a probably Asian boy.

"The shuck?" One of them muttered.

I frowned even deeper and pointed my arrow at the brown-haired boy in the front. "Who are you and what are you doing here?"

I knew that if Holt would find out they were close to our area, he would force me to kill them. So I already knew I was supposed to do that, but just didn't yet.

"I asked you something." I pulled the arrow back a little, stretching the wire. The boys started to panic, screaming for me to back up and calm down.

"Who are you?" I repeated.

"Might ask you the same thing." The Asian boy spoke up. My bow and arrow snapped toward him in just a second, yet his gaze stayed cold. Something I didn't really approve of.

I gave all of them a glance. "I suggest you to leave this place."

"I don't think she likes us, guys." One of them whispered.

"Wow, really?"

I let out a grunt in anger at them for not listening and shot the arrow. It sliced right above the blonde's head, getting stuck in a tree after.

"Woah!" The brown-haired one moved in front of the tall blonde more.

The Asian cleared his throat. "Why's she bleeding?"