039

"We have come a long way together," Vince announced in the Safe Haven. We all sat in front of him, hundreds of people.

"So many have sacrificed so much to make this place possible. Your friends and your family. So here's to the ones who couldn't be here. Here's to the friends we lost. This place is for you. It's for all of us." Vince stepped aside and motioned at a big rock. "But this, this is for them. So, in your own time, in your own way, come make your peace."

He raised his glass. "And welcome to the Safe Haven!!"

Everyone cheered, happy everything was finally over. Not long after Vince's speech, I decided to check up on Newt. He lay in a Med Hut, recovering from the stab.

"Hey." I greeted. Some dim candles gave the room a warm glow. Newt lay on a bed peacefully, his blonde hair messy from sleeping.

"Hey, Len." He replied with a weak voice. I smiled and sat down on a chair next to him, fidgeting with my hands nervously.

Newt noticed it.
"What's wrong?"

I rubbed my forehead. "There's something I've been trying not to think about too much lately, but I feel like I should tell you."

"As long as Tommy isn't suddenly my bloody sibling then I'm fine with it." Newt chuckled lightly.

"Yeah." I sniffed. "But someone's your sibling."

His face dropped in confusion and shock. "What? Who?"

The beeps on the heart monitor went up, but once I gave Newt a warning glance, he took some deep breaths.

"A sister," I announced. "And she's here."

"Who, Lena?" Newt stared at me impatiently.

I looked down. "Sonya."

Newt remained silent and his eyes closed. I furrowed my eyebrows, afraid he suddenly died, but the heart monitor said he was alive.

"Newt?"

His eyes shot open after about five minutes of anxiously waiting. "I remember." He whispered, his eyes twinkling with excitement. "I remember Sonya, Len."

I gasped quietly, gently wrapping my arms around Newt. He laughed once again and hugged me back.

"But.." He added. "Minho's waiting for you."

"What?" I raised my eyebrows as I let go of the Brit. "Where and why?"

"Somewhere on the beach.. why, I don't know. Thomas and I were guessing either a proposal or murder."

"Murder?" I scoffed at Newt. "Alright. I better go."

"Scream if he does murder you!" Newt shouted. "I'll try to hear the difference between screaming for help or screaming-."

"Newt!" I cut him off. "Take care of your own cases with Thomas, not my love life!"

"I will have to remind you a beach is even more open than a tent!" He shouted.

"Shut up!" I quickly walked away, not wanting to hear anything more dirty from Newt. Soon I arrived on the beach, looking around me.

"Finally decided to show up?" Minho's familiar voice asked from behind. I twisted around and attacked him with a hug.

"Yep. Couldn't miss you." I joked, though it was kind of the truth.

He smiled. "Close your eyes."

"Newt said he and Thomas thought you would kill me, and now that you say this it does sound like you will." I blurted out.