032

"You ready?" Amery whispered as we tiptoed through the hallways.

I swallowed away my fear of having to face Minho in a horrible state again. "I hope."

"He's already in there. Tied up."
I looked down and nodded, feeling bad that Minho had to be tied up.
"Good luck."

Amery opened the door and let me in, closing the it behind me again. Minho sat there, a dim light lighting the room up. His hands were tied together and his feet were tied onto a chair.

"Hey," I said quietly. Slowly he looked up, just like the first time he saw me again, and searched around my face with his eyes. I didn't know what to say and just waited for him to say something, which he eventually did.

"What are you doing here?" He spat out.

I took a deep breath. "Trying to talk to you."

"Or kill me?" Minho's eyes were already full of fire, staring at me like I was a monster.

"No, Minho, I... I won't kill you. Never wanted to." My voice broke already.

His gaze softened lightly. "But you killed them."

"Who's them?" It came out of my mouth as a whisper, so afraid I was of what he would say.

"Alby." Minho furrowed his eyebrows. "Clint, Jeff, Zart... and I'm convinced Chuck's death is your fault too. Me having to kill Gally was because of you."

My heart broke into pieces by hearing that all these died. And by Minho thinking I did that. "Minho, I wasn't there. And even if I was... I would never-."

"Of course you weren't there!" He slammed his hands on the table and grunted loudly. "You weren't there because you didn't want to get killed yourself. You weren't there because you were the one that sent the Grievers."

"I didn't send the Grievers."

"Oh, and suddenly you didn't create them?" Minho stared at me blankly.

"I did create them," I admitted. "But I never sent them into the maze. I didn't even know that ever happened."

He bit his lip and shook his head, not knowing what to say next.

"And not even three months after you got sent into the maze I escaped from WICKED," I added. "So I wasn't there when that happened. There's no way I could've sent the Grievers to you."

Tears stood in his eyes now.
"Then how do you know who those people are? My friends?"

"Because they were my friends too. Chuck was like a younger brother to me, and Alby an older one."

Minho sniffed, followed by a cry. "Why didn't you get sent into the maze?"

"I don't know. It wasn't on their planning or it's because I created the Grievers and they realized I would know how to defeat them."

"Thomas and Teresa built the maze. How come they did get sent into the maze?"

"I don't know. As I said, I already left WICKED." I explained carefully with my voice still low. "All I know is that I didn't kill our friends."

"You killed my parents." One single tear leaked from his eyes, making me feel so bad.

I walked closer to him.
"I know, and I won't deny I didn't. But do you think I did it voluntarily? They manipulated me. They told me your parents were bad and that they would help you get a better life, Minho. And I was too young to realize they were lying."

His lower lip started to tremble and his shoulders shake a bit. Sobs escaped his mouth and all I could do was watch him in pure pity and grief.

"Should I... should I untie you?" I blurted out. There had to be something I could do to help.