040 (Epilogue)

Ten years later, Minho and I indeed managed to get a hut, well, actually it was a cottage, together. And it was amazing. We lived somewhere in the woods, from a distance of the others.

Newt and Thomas were still together, I had a feeling Brenda had something going on too, and... Minho and I got, as he wished, two kids. Twins, to be specific.

Abby and Charlie; a girl and a boy, named after Alby and Chuck. And now they were already five years old.

Abby looked a lot like me, though she had Minho's Asian eyes. Her hair grew long and fast, coming to her waist. It was black, and shiny, with a small wave.

Charlie in fact looked a lot more like Minho. He looked exactly like Minho when he was young. His cheeks were chubby, his face cuter than you could imagine, and his hair... well, Minho styled that for him every morning.

And as Newt always said about Charlie, he had a big mouth, and a small heart.

"Mom!" Abby screamed and ran into our house. "Uncle Newt gave us a frisbee!"

"He did?" I gasped and took the girl on my lap as Charlie started to fight Minho playfully.

"Can we go to the beach?" She suggested. "I'll ask Dad."

And there she went, pushing Charlie to the side and asking Minho if we could go to the beach. Charlie didn't seem to like his sister for pushing him to the side, so jumped right on top of her.

"Charlie!" Minho warned, but the kid already pushed Abby onto the ground. Minho smoothly lifted him off his sister and lay Charlie on his shoulder, so he had nowhere to go.

"Let me go!" Charlie kicked with his feet, but it didn't affect Minho in the slightest.

Minho raised his eyebrows. "You gonna listen, Char? I'm afraid we'll have to leave you with Gally if you don't."

Abby gasped. "But Charlie doesn't like Gally!"

And no, that was not because Gally killed Chuck, and Charlie was named after him... Charlie just found him scary.

"Exactly," Minho confirmed. "So, what will it be?"

"Sorry, Abby," Charlie grumbled quietly.

"What did you say?" Minho teased. "I can't hear you."

"I'm sorry, Abby!" He repeated. Minho laughed and put the kid on the ground.

"Beach it is." I decided. Quickly we grabbed all our stuff, including the frisbee of course, and started walking.

"Dad?" Charlie asked after five minutes of walking. "How old is Uncle Newt?"

"How old do you think?"

He bit his lip. "Seventeen."

"Wrong." Minho chuckled. "He's at least twenty-seven."

Charlie frowned deeply. "Is he a vampire?"

"I'm the vampire here," Minho assured.

"What?"

"You know, when I met Mom she was bleeding. The blood also got on her lips, so I said I was a vampire."

I gave Minho a warning glance. He knew damn well how I felt about all the education he gave our kids while they were five!

"I don't get it." Charlie pouted. "How old are you guys?"

"Same age as Uncle Newt," I replied.

Abby spoke up. "So you were twenty-two when we were born?"

"True. Good job, Sweetie." Minho smiled again, and took Abby in his arms.