048

"Psst!"
Later that day when I already lay in bed, there was a small knock on the door. My mind went straight to the story of the boys hiding in a cleaning room at night, so I didn't hesitate to open the door, happy I had chances of making friends.

"Newt?" I whispered once I saw the blonde hair.

"Sounds about right." The kid replied. "Wanna come with us?"

I fidgeted with my fingers, considering my answer for a second. "Sure."

On tip-toes, I followed Newt through the dark hallways. He showed the exact way, which turned out not to be far away from my room. He opened a door that said 'cleaning room' and gently pushed me in before quickly closing the door again.

"Yo!" Minho's voice whispered.

"Hey, Lenora."

"Hello!"

The smell of cleaning liquids filled my nose. There wasn't much space in the small room, since dozens of clean tools surrounded us, but there lay a small blanket on the floor, probably one of the boys'.

"Hi." I peeped shyly.

Newt and Minho shared a handshake, and Alby and Frypan followed. Confused I watched their hands move in weird ways, but it looked cool.

Minho looked up, a sly smile on his face, more like a grin. "Wanna learn?"

"Uh, sure." I hesitantly walked over to him. Minho started explaining the handshake enthusiastically, moving my fingers and hand the right way each time.

After at least ten minutes of practice, I could finally do it. Everyone cheered quietly, making me feel even more welcome.

"So how long have you been here?" Newt motioned for me to sit down on the blanket.

"About half a year," I responded quietly.

"Us too." The boys nodded. They then started a conversation about some other kids they met in the cafeteria. I watched them, almost overwhelmed by how loud and much they talked. I hadn't heard that in such a long time.

Minho kept on grinning while they had arguments, Frypan and Newt laughed, and Alby stayed serious the whole time, which cleared up he was the oldest.

"You don't talk much, do you?" Minho suddenly asked.

I blinked a few times. "Well, am I supposed to?"

"It would be nice to understand a few words, yes. Just body language doesn't say much for me." He sassily replied.  

I smiled and pulled my knees up to my chest. "So y'all talk here the whole night?"

"Basically. And we wrestle sometimes, gossip, and talk, of course." Fry explained. "Do you have any girl friends here?"

I shook my head. "No. Honestly, I don't have any friends here."

Newt threw his hands in the air. "What about us?"

"Are we friends?" I almost gasped in excitement.

"If you insist." Minho nodded.

"Yeah. Of course." I said quickly. Slowly the emotion of happiness started to come back until Alby mentioned something.

"We didn't see you the half year you spent here. Where were you?"

My stomach dropped, my chest tightened, and my heart turned cold at the memories again. "I... I just had to stay in my room. They did lots of tests on me before I could get with you guys."

"Well whoever those people are, they're shuckin' bastards." Minho furrowed his eyebrows deeply. "Anyways. What shall we do?"

"Wrestle."