056*

~ In the present ~

"I am never doing that again! Three times is shuckin' enough!"

I threw my head back. It landed into the soft pillow behind me, in a Med Bed. Minho sat beside me, face white as a ghost, staring at the baby I just delivered.

A nurse picked the baby up as I tried to calm my breaths and heart rate down. It was exhausting and the worst pain ever. Minho reached for my hand, taking it tightly and squeezing a bit.

"You did amazing, Princess." He told me quietly. I nodded and gasped for more air, then sat straight up, excited to see my kid.

I hadn't really told anyone, but the moment I found out I was pregnant from them, I was excited. Very excited... it was just the thoughts of Minho not wanting me anymore ruining it.

"Congratulations."
The fully clothed baby got put down on my chest. A pink hat was on the small head, along with white clothes. "It's a girl."

I smiled brightly, staring at her face. Her eyes were closed, her lips plump like Minho's, and the rest was just like a normal baby. A bit blood still covered her face.

"Well?" I laughed and gave Minho a quick glance. He stared at her with wide eyes.

"Uh.. she's b-beautiful." He stammered.

"If you think she looks like a bloody, naked rat, just say it." I whispered, so not everyone heard that comment.

Minho laughed nervously and shook his head. "She is beautiful. May I hold her?"

"In five minutes." I assured, not wanting to her to leave my arms right away. I couldn't stop staring at her face, especially when the eyes slowly opened. They didn't have much color yet, but that was normal for a newborn.

"Hello, Jessy." I said quietly.

Minho came up with the name. A girl, Jessy. For Jeff, the boy I knew saved Minho at the end of the maze. If it would've been a boy, Ben. For his best friend. We both loved the names.

It made me want to cry, so I did. It wasn't like I was sobbing loudly, but enough tears streamed. I smiled through them all, then gave Jessy to Minho. Her body was so tiny she almost disappeared in his arms.

"I don't think Charlie will be as disappointed as he told us. He'll love her, even when it's a girl." I assured, staring at Minho and Jessy even longer.

Minho hummed in agreement. Mostly he paid attention to Jessy, intertwining her small fingers with his, playing with her clothes, and rocking her back and forth. I tried to cover up my laugh, which made it sound like a snort. By the looks of how he held her, he already loved Jessy a lot.

I then let out a slight giggle. Minho gave me a glance through his eyelashes, raising one eyebrow, but then he returned to the baby. Later, I couldn't stop myself but to laugh out loud.

"What?" His cheeks got a slight blush.

"You like her a lot." I chuckled.

"Of course I do. It's my baby. Our kid. Something would be horribly wrong if I didn't like her, Lee."

"Yeah, I know, but-." Another laugh. "I'm already suspecting she won't leave your hands for the next days. Will Jessy be your favorite kid?"

"I love all my kids equally." Minho told me, though his cheeks gained even more red.

It only made me want to tease him further. "You don't have a favorite?"

"Nope. Do you?"

"No." I smiled. "But.."