024

"Fuck you, Janson!" I screamed, running through the hallways as about five guards ran after me. "Where is he?"

I didn't slow down my pace and desperately searched for Minho. I hadn't seen him for... who knew how long; I couldn't tell. 

I got a quick flashback of Minho and me running through the hallways as ten years old, hand in hand and cursing at the doctors, laughing loudly after.

It slowed me down for a second, giving the guard just enough time to use his taser on me. I mentally cursed, not even being able to form actual words anymore. I had gotten used to the pain, but it still hurt like hell. It stung and burned, though it wasn't as bad as torture.

They pushed me down on the familiar chair and attached the ropes to tie me onto it. The ugly man, aka Janson, bent down in front of me, grinning as always.

"Are you a mosquito or what?" I snapped. "You keep taking my blood."

He sighed and ordered a doctor something before turning to me again, his lips still planted in a grin.

"I don't see why you keep acting so stubborn, Lenora." Janson shook his head in disappointment. "It would be so much easier if-."

"Just let me see him then, for god's sake!" I tried my best to attack him, but couldn't move.

He laughed. "I don't think you want to see him right now, kid."

My face fell. "What? Why?" I spat out, but Janson didn't reply. "What did you do to him?" I screamed.

Janson nodded at the doctor. A syringe got inserted into me, followed by a liquid. I already knew what it was. The torture.

It soon started rushing through my veins at a fast pace, through every inch of my body. I tried to hide my pain by biting my lip, which soon drew blood on my lips. It burned like disinfection on a cut... like a thousand knives being stabbed into you and you couldn't breathe.

I cried out, tears filling in my eyes. I felt weak, but couldn't help it. Yet the physical pain wasn't even the worst. It was not seeing the Gladers or the one I loved most, Minho. He must've been close, but they would never let me see him.

I also felt alone. It felt like I was the only one resisting WICKED. The other kids just went along with it all.

As I kept wincing and groaning, the doctor put something on my temples. Not long after the world started to fade away, turning into blackness.
~

"Did you see his face?" Minho gasped for air once we arrived back in the cafeteria again.

"The hell you two did now?" Eleven-year-old Alby sighed from a table, looking up from his talk with Newt and Fry.

Frypan chuckled. "I bet they kissed!"

Ten-year-old me gave him a push, blushing deeply. "No, you idiot. We irritated the Rat, you know, Janson."

"Sure sure." He smiled teasingly and scooted aside so Minho and I could sit down. "You're blushing, Lenora!"

I buried my head in my hands. "I'm not!"

"You like Minhoooo," Frypan added in a whisper.

I gave him a middle finger. I didn't want to lie, of course, so also didn't deny and remained silent.

"Okay, so first they wanted to give us a session, but as we walked through the hallways, I tackled the doctor and Lee gave some pushes and it was like 'boom!' and 'pow!' Once we were done with I kicked Rat in the crotch, Lee kicked him in the nose and we started running through the whole building!" Minho explained very enthusiastically. He moved his hands to make it seem more intense, making little me admire him a lot.

"And Minho got a syringe and stabbed a doctor with it! He started screaming and yelled this crazy stuff!" I added.

"Yeah, he was like 'Ooh!! I love unicorns!' and started dreaming out loud, which was crazy! Then we ran here." Minho took a deep breath once he was done. 

"You know you're gonna get double sessions tomorrow because of all that?" Alby looked at us in pity, but we didn't care at all.

"It was worth it!" Minho protested. "I beat the shit out of him!"

I pouted. "That was me, Min!"

"No, it wasn't. I'm stronger, so that proves it."

I raised my eyebrows and held out my hand. "All right. Prove it then."

"Arm wrestling? Seriously? Childish." Minho scoffed.

Newt laughed. "Or you're just afraid she'll beat you."

"Me? No. That's absurd." Minho rolled his eyes.

"Show us then," Newt replied, motioning at me.

"Ten bucks on Lenora!" Frypan yelled.

"We don't even have bucks."

"Still!"

Minho sighed and turned to me. "Okay. But if I win, I do want to get something."

"Ah, come on. Why do you boys always want something?" I furrowed my eyebrows.

"What do you want, Minnie Mouse?" Frypan teased.

"Hey!" Minho almost pushed him off the bunch. "I told you not to call me that, Frying Pan!"

Newt spoke up again, "A kiss from Lenora for sure!"

Minho gave him a push too. "Never mind. I don't need anything. I'll win anyways."

"Hurry the shuck up then! I'm waiting." I said.
Quickly Minho took my hand.

"Three..." Alby counted.

"Two..." Newt continued.

"ONE!" Fry screamed.

Minho and I started wrestling with our hands, which was hard with Frypan describing it.

"Ooh! Minho for the win... almost there! And.. oh no! Lenora made her comeback!" He gasped. "They're equal now... who's gonna win..."

Minho kept looking me in the eyes throughout the game, causing me to lose attention. He laughed and slammed my hand on the table.

"I win!" He cheered.

Young me crossed my arms. "Fine then."

"That's a kiss!" Frypan drummed on the table, but Minho and I both refused.

"There's no price," I assured quickly.

"Just the honor of winning," Minho added.

They all laughed once again. We finished the last food and soon most of us wandered away.

"Wait," Minho said once I got ready to walk away. Everyone else was already gone. He got up and took my arm.

"The price." He told me before giving me the quickest kiss on the cheek ever.
"Bye, Lee!" Then he ran away fast.

Butterflies formed everywhere in my body at that as my cheeks turned bright red. And then Janson rushed in, forcing me into another session of torture after the amazing event.