017

A/N: Maybe you haven't noticed, but I like extreme. That's a warning :)

~

No one talked much as we sat down somewhere for the night. Minho and Jorge looked raging, Newt and Frypan were worried, and Aris and Brenda just didn't give off any emotion.

"We lied." Newt suddenly spoke up.

My head snapped toward him. "What?"

"We lied." He repeated. "This was never a trial."

I furrowed my eyebrows. "What do you mean?"

"The Scorch," Newt said. "We didn't get sent in here for a week to find the Safe Haven. We escaped WICKED."

It shocked me, but didn't make the Gladers untrustworthy to me.
"Why would you lie about that?"

"We thought you worked for WICKED at first."

True.

"Then who was in the Berg? Who helped Thomas recover from that wound, hm? I saw the letters WICKED on their uniforms." I snapped. "Why wouldn't they take you all?"

"I don't know," Minho mumbled. "But we need to worry about Thomas here, not shuckin' WICKED."

I sighed, frustrated already. My hand was broken, which would work in Teresa's favor tonight. Awesome. But that wouldn't stop me.

~

I pretended to be asleep, yet something caught my attention. Someone in our group, I didn't know who, walked away. About twenty minutes after they left, I opened my eyes.

Minho's arm was wrapped around my waist. It took me some effort to not admire him sleeping, because he looked so cute. His cheeks were a bit chubby, hair messy. He looked so sweet and much more innocent than he actually was.

I sighed and crawled out of his grip, grabbing my bow and arrow along the way. The knives were in my waistband, then I left.

I didn't know the exact way to where the hell Thomas could've been, but just started running somewhere and decided to stop if I heard any noises, which I soon did.

"Finally." A male voice that sounded a lot like Aris said.

"Took long enough." Most likely Teresa replied.

I didn't hesitate to grab my bow, absolutely not caring about my hand. Behind a tree I peeked at the duo, noticing a pretty large knife in Aris' hand.

I could've known he was a betrayer! The idiot.

With all my effort, I managed to pull the string of my bow with my broken hand, the other one held it.

The arrow flew through the air, just missing Teresa's head. Instead, it hit a tree.

"Hey!" Her voice echoed through the woods as I mentally punished myself for not hitting.

"Who's there?" Aris added. His knife shined in the moonlight, which gave off a scary effect. Before I stepped toward them, I grabbed my knife too.

They both stared at me, grinning scarily. "You."

"Me," I responded casually. "To be honest, I didn't know that Thomas liked bitches."

Teresa snickered. "He doesn't like me."

I raised my eyebrows. "So you accept?"

"Accept what?"

A small smirk formed on my lips, then the words happily spat out of my mouth. "That you're a lying traitor."

Aris grunted and jumped forward, but I held my knife toward him. "Move and I'll throw."