007

It was surprising how fast my bond with the Gladers grew. We weren't that close and they knew nothing about me, but it was clear we all liked each other, I hoped.

So maybe the reason I was crying, was also just the way I left my home, which had been my home for years, for a group of teenage boys.

I didn't get why I ever came with them. They weren't supposed to trust me, let alone let me close to them. If WICKED did something...

I was scared. Scared for me to hurt them and scared WICKED manipulated them too. What if they turned like me and their only mission was, well, revenge? I wasn't supposed to trust them anymore, I decided.

"You all right?" Minho hopped next to me. He took a peek at my face, then fell silent for a while. "You're crying."

"No shit, Sherlock." I sniffed, wiping the wet trails on my cheeks away. "Now I'm not."

"Why were you crying?"

"Because tears came from glands and drained into my tear ducts and down through my nose," I replied simply.

Minho smiled. "Good reason, Lee."

"It's Lena."

"Lee."

"I'm already not starting this discussion," I mumbled, pissed by the fact Minho knew how to sass me out easily.

He gave me a crooked smile. "Cause you already know who will win?"

"Yes, me." I moved some of my hair behind my ear. "Ready to hunt?"

"Three seconds ago you were crying and now-." Minho cut himself off. "Never mind. We'll go hunt." He said before mumbling something after, "I don't get a thing about girls."

"We're gonna hunt!" I announced to the Gladers behind us.

"Have fun, you two!" Frypan grinned slyly.

"Try to stay decent!" Newt added.

I held up my middle finger, then rushed after Minho, handing him my bow.

"Put the arrow in, pull the string back, and if you let go, you'll shoot," I explained.

"I know how to use a bow." Minho sounded a bit snappy as he put the arrow in.

I raised my eyebrows, knowing it was harder than it seemed to be. "Try hitting that tree first."

Minho looked at it. "From this distance?"

"Yes, from this distance." I crossed my arms. "I thought you could use a bow."

"I can." He grumbled. I watched him getting in his place and then shooting... and missing.

"Just gotta warm up," Minho confirmed quickly as he grabbed another arrow out of my hands.

I chuckled when he missed again. "I don't think you know how to use a bow, Minho."

Minho bit his lip. "I'm better with my fists." He admitted, looking down in shame. "Can you teach me though?"

"Sure." I cleared my throat and took some steps toward Minho. "You put the arrow in," I told him. He did it.. the wrong way. "Turn it."
He did turn it, also the wrong way.

I sighed, yet couldn't help to smile. "Like this." I took his hands and moved the arrow in the right place.

His breathing hitched and body froze, causing me to get confused, but I let go of it soon.
"Now you need to move your feet away from each other a little more. The enemy could easily knock you on the ground since you won't be standing strong, and it's easier to hit your target like that." I paused. "But I won't move your feet, so I was hoping you could do it yourself." I laughed when he didn't reply.

Minho nodded quickly and put his feet in the right place.

"Now use three fingers to hold the string. The index finger above the arrow, ring, and middle below." I said.

"Mind helping me with that too?" Minho blurted out.

"Whatever." I quickly moved his hand. "Alright. Now pull back until the string is tight and try lifting your elbow up a bit."
Hesitantly I moved behind Minho and put my hand over his. The other one held the arm he held the string with.

He didn't move an inch, though his breathing was very hearable. "Minho. Action, please."

He shook his head a bit. "What?"

"You're supposed to shoot, remember?" I chuckled.

"Right." He coughed and pulled the string back with my help. I gave him a sign, so he let go.

"Yes!" I cheered when the arrow hit the assigned tree. "Now on to the animals."

Minho rubbed the back of his neck. "Uh, you can do the animals."

"What? Afraid of a little blood?" I teased, laughing brightly. I really enjoyed Minho's company, though he was acting a bit weird.

"I suppose killing an animal with my fists won't work very well and since it turns out I'm not that good with a bow, I'll let you do it."

"Lazy." I fake yawned, then smiled again.

Later, I managed to get enough for us all, so Minho and I arrived back at the waiting Gladers.
"We brought you food," Minho announced, I coughed loudly after. "Lena brought you food." He corrected, ashamed.

"Why didn't we think of this earlier?" Thomas wondered with a mouth stuffed with food. "Twis is dwelicwious." He managed to say.

"You eat like beasts," I commented to all the boys.

"We almost died out of hunger, can't blame us," Newt responded before filling his own mouth with the meat.

I sighed and took some small bites. The meat had never been my favorite. Just the thought it was a living animal before disgusted me, though I had no problems with killing them.

Minho put a bigger piece of food in my hand, but I refused. "I don't like it."

"But you had such a small piece. Tomorrow you won't be able to move if you don't have the energy." He assured, forcing me to take it.

"But it doesn't taste good."

"If she doesn't want to eat that, why let her anyways, Minho?" Newt laughed.

"Ah, shut up." Minho gave him a push on the shoulder. "Can we keep walking? This is a time waste."

~

A/N: I'm sorry I'm more focusing on the relationship between Lena and Gladers instead of the actual danger they're in (a.k.a the Scorch and WICKED), but that's because it's a love story :) and we're all here for that, right?

And some chapters will be longer from now on!