033

Gladers' POV

"No." Thomas shook his head, refusing to involve Teresa in rescuing Minho and Lena. "There's gotta be another way."

"Like what?" Gally, who appeared to be alive, spoke up. "You've seen the building. She is our only way in."

Thomas walked around in frustration. "You really think she's gonna help us?"

"I don't plan on asking for her permission," Gally replied as Newt stared at the table, full of anger, feeling it rise in him. Must be that infection again, he thought.

"Am I missing something here?" Brenda looked at Thomas. "This is the same girl who betrayed us, correct? Same dick?"

"I like her," Gally commented.

"What's going on?" Brenda looked at Thomas again.

"What, are you afraid your little girlfriend's gonna get hurt?" Newt turned to Thomas too, eyebrows still furrowed. "Hmm? Because this has obviously never been just about rescuing Minho. Has it?" He slowly got up from his seat.

"Wait, what are you talking about?" Thomas mumbled as Brenda put a hand on her mouth. She gasped quietly, and the others just stared at them, shocked already; Newt never spoke up like that.

"Teresa," Newt explained, feeling signs of jealousy mix with his anger as he moved closer to his crush by the second. "She's the only reason that Minho's even missing in the first place. Now we finally have an opportunity to get him back. And what? You don't want to because of her?" He talked so fast that the spit almost flew out of his mouth.

Thomas stared at him full of confusion. His breathing hitched when Newt's body almost made contact with his.

"Because deep down inside you still care about her, don't you?" Newt added. "Just admit it."

"Newt, I..." Thomas stammered.

Newt grunted and roughly pushed Thomas against the wall, noses touching for a split second. "Don't lie to me!" He screamed. "Don't. Lie. To. Me."

As Newt yelled all that, Thomas' eyes trailed down to his lips, which were just inches away from his. And then he connected them deeply.

Newt's eyes widened in the first second, but soon he realized he was finally kissing Thomas, and kissed back.

"Why do I always get to see the couples share their first kiss?" Frypan muttered, but he grinned deeply. And he knew Minho would've done that too.

Thomas' hand made its way to cup Newt's face. Newt lay his on Thomas' chest as the others just averted their eyes.

"Maybe we should leave them alone for a second," Gally suggested when the two boys started confessing their love to each other.

"But Tommy..." Newt started when everyone was gone, and after Thomas told him he loved Newt. He didn't continue his sentence and just showed Thomas the nasty infection on his wrist.

Thomas stared at it, face breaking with hurt and sadness. "We'll figure it out." He eventually said with a voice already hoarse.

"Minho and Lena come first," Newt responded. "No matter what the cost."

"I don't want you to be the cost, Newt." Thomas lowered his voice. "Never."

"We'll see." He assured before Thomas connected their lips again.