015

"The hell's happening there?" Minho muttered the next morning, pointing at three masked people walking over to us. All three wore black uniforms. One of them held a gun, one handcuffs, and another a taser.

My breathing sped up and my hands got clammy. "Oh, no."

"You know them?" All Gladers turned to me as I froze in my place. I couldn't respond or move, but just stared at the guards in pure fear. They were here for me, I knew it. The taser said enough.

And I was right. Minho and the others got violent, but one simple use of the taser made them drop onto the sand. Once they got to me, I still hadn't moved. In fact, it barely came through my head what was happening.

They clicked the cuffs on my hands and roughly dragged me with them, the metal almost cutting my wrists. Minho's hand reached out for me, but the last shock from the taser let him stay in his place.

I cried out, hoping so badly they wouldn't repeat the cycle they used to do on me every day, but deep inside I already knew.

By the time we arrived in front of a Berg, tears were streaming down my face. Yet I went along, seeing no other option than cooperating... I had felt enough tasers in my life already.

I got pushed down on a chair and the usual happened. They tied me on it, I didn't resist. A syringe got inserted into my body, I knew resisting would make it worse.

A cry escaped my mouth, making me mentally punish myself, but the feeling of the liquid rushing through my veins was the worst.

Janson appeared in front of me, a familiar smirk on his face. "Long time no see, Lenora."

I grunted. "I'm very happy we reunited."

He shook his head, laughing. "I can see you met A7 again too. Am I right?"

"His name is Minho." I snapped. The liquid started to burn, which perfectly let me know it was activating.

"And your name is Lena?" Janson smiled evilly.

I bit my lip, hiding the pain that by now felt like it was cutting through my skin and bones. "Did you spy on me or something?"

"Aah." He laughed. "No one ever removed the chip, Kid. You're lucky we didn't control you and-"

I tried to attack Janson, but the ropes on my hands were strong. "Couldn't you come up with some more original idea of torturing? It's getting old."

Janson got up from his seat. "Thought you would like something you're familiar with. Enjoy it, Lenora."

Before I could reply, the liquid activated completely.

First, shocks hit my body. It was like electricity and hurt so badly that I felt like fainting. Then, the burning got worse, as if someone set me on fire. It split my bones, twisted my stomach, and made my mouth fall open.

I sobbed louder than I remembered doing in a long time. Tears streamed down my face as my body shook, sensitive already.

And when it got worse, I could do nothing but scream. My screams were filled with pain, words for Janson to stop, curses against WICKED, and especially for Minho's help.

"Please.." I managed to get out when my voice had turned hoarse from the screaming and the pain started to fade away... but it also could've been my body going in a trance from the amount of pain I had been going through.

The pain I had been going through every week since I was a child.

~

"Hey, hey.." A voice behind me said once my eyes opened.