054

"Come on. We're going to sit with them, Min. It's turning old." I told the boy when we stood in the middle of the cafeteria, giving secret glances at Newt, Fry, and Alby as they did the same to us.

Minho repeated the same thing he said everyday, "They're supposed to be the ones that apologize first."

I didn't bother to listen and took his arm, forcing him to walk with me as I pulled. Minho muttered a few things under his breath, but remained silent once we stood in front of our (old) friends.

I casually sat down and Minho hesitantly followed. Alby threw us a sharp glance, Newt kept his head down, but Fry smiled warmly.

"I'm very sorry for any misunderstandings. They forced me away from you guys. It was never my choice and none of the things they told you about me are true." I spoke up with a loud voice, hoping to set an impression. "Right, Min? We're sorry."

"You're sorry."
I gave him a pinch in the arm.
"I mean, yeah. We're sorry."

"Welcome back." Frypan smiled again. We all turned to Newt and Alby, waiting anxiously.

"It was quite boring without you two." Newt admitted in a low tone. "So fine. Welcome back. Alby. What are ya thoughts?"

"Whatever." He shrugged. "All of this sucks."

"Agreed." We all said. Jolts of happiness lit up my heart, leaving me smiling deeply.

~

The next few months were torture... quite literally. Janson was talking bullshit about how I couldn't cause so much trouble with Minho (since we never stopped running through the hallways) and might consider to leave him for a while, but I refused to do that.

Janson didn't argue about it, though saying he was happy with me hanging out with those boys wouldn't be true. He said if I wanted to keep meeting them it was fine, but as always, consequences hung in the air. Torture.

It was the same as always. The chair, me begging for him to stop, electric shocks sometimes, the feeling of needles and knives..

"Please," I had panted. "I don't want to anymore."

It had been when Janson decided I could take three sessions in one hour. It almost left me blacking out. And I was wondering if anyone knew he tortured... if it was an order from Randall or Doctor Paige, or if it was a secret.

The next day it started again.

"Lenora." Janson said with a sigh. "More broken stuff, doctors are shocked, and your grades go low, just like your brain tests every week. Now let me tell you what-."

"Consequence that has. Yes, I know. Blah, blah, blah." I mimicked.

His face twitched into anger for a split second, then he grinned evilly and pressed a button without shame.

~

"I'm sorry!" I ended up begging at the end of the first session. "I won't- I won't break anything again."

"Let this be a lesson, Lenora. I'm hoping the last one."

I nodded, desperate for relief. Tears already streamed down my face, even when I knew he hadn't even reached the highest level of pain.

~

"I understand!" I sobbed loudly, temples aching and eyes heavy. "I- I promise."

"I've heard that before."

~

A mixture of tears and sweat soaked my shaking body. "Are we done?"