036

A/N: Honestly we need a ship name for Lena and Minho 😃

~

We hid behind some big plant pots, knowing guards were searching for us everywhere.

"Alright." Thomas started unbuttoning his uniform. "Who is this, may I ask?" He looked at Astrid.

"My sister," I announced. Minho, Gally, and Thomas all stared at me with wide eyes. Newt sat a few feet away from us, seeming to struggle to contain his breaths.

"Astrid." My sister said quickly.

"Hey, what's going on with Newt?" I whispered to Thomas.

His face broke. "He got the Flare."

My stomach dropped, but it didn't surprise me that much. "Four beeps.." I muttered.

"What?"

I bit my lip. "You know how I could find Immunes by using my head? With beeps. And when we were with five Gladers, I heard four beeps."

"Because Newt isn't an Immune." Thomas realized. I nodded and just stared at the boy in pity. "And uh, what's going on with Minho?" Thomas added.

I turned my head to look at my boyfriend. He sat against a pot too, softly hitting his head on it repeatedly and murmuring things again. Worried, and not replying to Thomas, I crawled over to him.

"Hey, Min. You alright?" I whispered. He groaned and motioned for me to leave. Eventually, I just obeyed, not wanting to bother him any more than I already did.

"Hmm? What's going on?" Thomas repeated.

"Janson made him forget everything about me. Or, well, made him get the wrong memories. He thought I killed everyone. Things like that." I summarized quickly.

Thomas looked taken aback and didn't reply, looking at Gally. They shared some words before Gally spoke up.

"Alright. Thomas wants to see Ava Paige. I'll be covering for him. You all go to Brenda."

And without discussing anything else, Thomas helped Newt get up. It worked, half. Once Newt stood on his feet and Thomas let go, he fell right back down again.

Astrid tried to communicate with Minho, but the boy looked quite lost.

"This won't work." I shook my head.

"Then Lena and Astrid will be going to the bus with Brenda before us. We're slower, so we won't go to the bus, but the tunnels." Thomas decided. "We'll help Newt and Minho."

"But I don't want that." I cleared my throat, feeling a slight panic rise in me. "I want to stay with you guys."

"Lena.." Astrid put both her hands on my shoulders. "Let them."

"No, but- Minho- he.. and Newt.. we need the serum!" I stammered.

"Brenda has the serum, Len." Thomas sat down next to Astrid. "So if you go with Brenda, you'll get the serum just when we arrive, okay?"

I looked down. "Okay then."

"Good." Thomas and Gally started to help Newt up, as Minho did that himself. He already looked better now.

Then we started walking at a fast pace, trying to avoid all the guards and cars searching for us. Thomas explained where Brenda would be along the way.

But suddenly, a loud explosion went off. It made my ears ring and the ground shake as if it were an earthquake. I almost fell to the ground, then gasped when I saw the damage.

The walls surrounding the city were destroyed by the giant bomb. It caused a big fire, even warming up my skin from a distance.

"We're supposed to take down WICKED, not the whole damn city," Gally muttered.

"Gally, come on."

We started continued walking when gunshots went off and people started screaming.

"We need to walk faster," Thomas commented after a while.

"Yeah, well, I only good one good leg, Tommy," Newt replied.

Gally sighed. "And I only got one good lung."

Just then Minho fell onto the ground. He pressed the sides of his head as cries escaped his mouth.

"Hey." I panicked and ran over to him. I cupped his face, forcing him to look at me. And then we connected our lips into a deep, yet quick kiss. And wow, I missed that.

"Stay with me," I ordered sweetly.

"Always," Minho whispered.

Astrid helped us get up again. Thomas announced we were close to Brenda. We walked past lots of corners, hearing more sirens by the second. And like clockwork, a bus drove past.

"There!" Thomas pointed at it.

"Okay, hurry!" Gally commanded. "Go to the right, it's faster. Then try to jump in. If it doesn't work, Brenda will stop and fire a gun into the air. Fry will see the red light and connect a hook to the bus. Take that chance if the first thing doesn't work."

"Okay." We agreed.

Before I left, I wrapped my arms around Newt. He weakly hugged back, but mostly focused on his fast breaths.

"Hey." I looked him in the eyes. "You got this, okay? Just go with Thomas."

To be honest, I liked Newt the most out of all Gladers, except for Minho, of course. Newt was my best friend.

He nodded quickly. "You too."

I smiled, feeling tears prick in my eyes. To hide them, I hugged him again. He had to survive. I couldn't lose more people.

"I love you." I blurted out.

He sniffed and put his hand on the back of my head. "I love you too."

Then I hugged Thomas too. With Gally, I hesitated, but then we hugged very fast. Lastly, I turned to Minho, who stood there, already waiting for me.

I wrapped my arms around him tighter than with the others.
"Hey, this isn't our last goodbye, princess." Minho laughed after multiple seconds.

"I may hope not," I whispered and cupped his face, kissing him again. My eyes closed and for a few seconds, I imagined it as the first time we kissed, in the woods.

"Now hurry," Minho said quietly.

"Be careful," I warned.

He chuckled, placing a kiss on my forehead. "And don't die."