|04|

Aina POV

I felt numb , I couldn't feel anything . It had been a month since my mothers death . I cried every night , begging the heavens above to give me another chance , asking for forgiveness , to turn back time or begging to get my mom back .

Everyday my hatred for Claude only grew  more and more , I swore to kill him . And I will , I will make sure he gets what he deserves.

After about 2 weeks of her death , I stopped crying and eating . I wouldn't eat anything, Aisha was worried. I hated seeing that look on her face , so I ate something in 2 days time . I couldn't bring myself to eat earlier than that . A few stray tears would sometimes fall from my eyes .

I started reading more , researching for nothing in particular. I wanted to know everything, so I could reach my goal as fast as possible. The whole day I would spend in my room , reading sometimes writing .

I didn't exactly feel anything , I was numb and I quite liked that feeling . Not feeling anything, feeling like you're between the dead and the alive .

Calcion and Aisha never left my side they were there for me . I suppose I felt some relief in that , to know that I have some people on my side .

Athanasia would be a month old by now . I don't hate  her I guess , since she really didn't do anything wrong .I wonder how she would react to see me , a character that wasn't mentioned in lovely princess .

3 years later

Third person Pov

A 8 year old could be seen sitting against the trunk of a tree , sweating.

"Princess have some water " Calcion said as he handed Aina a water bottle.

They both had just come back from sparing .  2 years ago, Aina had asked calcion to teach her swordsmanship.
Aina had been working hard for the last 2 years  . But as she was just a kid, her body couldn't handle much training.

She did everything she could. Aisha was worried about her, as she didn't pay much attention to her health.

She was still weaker than calcion, but she was a prodigy. She learned quickly she would surpass even felix even in a few years.

"Ai, where is Skylar? She was asking for something before "  She asked her nanny
where her lady of waiting was. Skylar  had become her lady of waiting, 2 years ago. Skylar's age was 14 currently while calcion was 14 , Aisha 20.

They all were like a small family , they loved and cared for each other . They all knew they could rely on one another . Someone could mistake them for a family , that is how close they were .

"Princess ! I'm here " a lady who came running said .
"Ah , Sky I was just about to send Ai to look for you " the 8 year old replied.
"I apologise, your highness " sky said , she was in the palace doing some work . When she had first started the job , she was skeptical about working for the first princess , because the first princess wasn't shown to the public so there were rumours about her . But when she started , she realised everything about the first princess was false . She was a sweet child , who anyone would love if they got to know her .

It was know evening , she could be seen going to the white garden alone . The white garden was a place in the empress palace , it was built for the late empress . The only flowers that grew in that garden were lily of the valley , they were her mothers favourite flowers .

She loved visiting the garden , she would spend most of her days in the garden . Her mother was buried in that specific garden , as per her wish . The late empress was buried underneath the humongous tree which was planted in the middle of the garden .

She would often talk to her mother's grave and sometimes fall asleep there . She felt at peace when she was in the garden , that place was full of amazing memories.

She had truly loved her mother , her mother was her whole world and her only source of warmth . It wasn't that she thought that Claude would love her . She knew from the start that her now father was nothing but a heartless and selfish jerk . She expected this behaviour from him .

She still remembered the exact look that he had when he killed her mother . She could never forget that moment . It haunted her , and would continue to haunt her . And she felt that she deserved it , she thought she deserved to suffer . It wasn't her fault in any way , she was 4 coming on 5 , she couldn't do anything. The people around her all knew it wasn't her fault , but she herself couldn't come to believe that it wasn't her fault .

She was laying down next to her mother's grave . She didn't realise when she fell asleep . But this was the best sleep she had gotten in quite some time .

...

How was the chapter ?
I personally myself look forward to how I will end this story . Since , I haven't thought of that yet .

The next part will be uploaded soon .