|35|

Sorry for updating so late , I hope you all enjoy the chapter !

Target - 30+ votes , 5+ comments

Third Person PoV
[Friday , Night ]

Her heart thundered in her chest as his warm breath trickled down on her face , finally resting on her mouth . She felt almost breathless , affected by simply his presence . She looked up at him, through her long lashes , the warm light before dusk shone on them .

The kiss that followed was a slow ,sensual thing . A careful exploration . A brush of lips , but never quite a full press , as though Lucas had to test and savour every angle before committing to a favourite . When at last he found his favourite, he stole it like a clever thief .

Thank goodness , Aina thought . She couldn't hold her breath a moment longer .

She reached up to bury greedy fingers through his luscious hair . To draw him deeper , closer. Lucas groaned as though he had been put out of his misery , then thrust into another misery . The table between them became a divide between realms as much as bodies .

She slid herself across the table , drawing him close in a stocking clad vice . Kissing him fiercely all the while . If his kisses slow , soft and explorative then her's were blunt and brazen .

In the moments between kisses , brief as they were , Lucas looked as though all the insouciance had been wrung right out of him . He became a maskless contortion of terror and mad delight .

Soon , the bewildered wizard found his bearings in her bold embrace . He stabilised upon her thighs , tracing the outer curve of them , his fingers digging into her skin , gripping her tightly .

—————
Time before-

[Friday , Morning]

Bright light outlined his presence . His hand pressed against the trunk of the world tree , the tree a beautiful silver , glistened in the light .

After days spent , Lucas had finally gotten the world tree's branch . He couldn't wait to return to obelia . This was the first time Lucas had felt a longing to return back . The bold princess had made herself comfortable in his life , whether either of them accepted it or not , they were closest thing to home for each other .

He never thought that he would feel so restless just because he hadn't been able to see someone. After his family's treatment , then his teacher's betrayal by leaving him , he never thought he would find someone to cherish . Yet the one person , who seemed to be unbothered by him , the person who would pick a fight with him every time captured his heart . But he couldn't bring himself to agree with that statement .

Lucas saw love as a weakness , and to believe that he fell in love with someone , was something that he would never accept.

The way Aina made him feel so vulnerable, despite his usual unshakable demeanour, was absolutely maddening.  She had him ensnared in her spell , and he was utterly defenceless against her charm . Every time he laid his eyes on her , or even thought of her , his heart would start dancing erratically . It was akin to regressing into a state of teenage awkwardness and uncertainty, yet it felt undeniable right .

————

Humans are like intricate mosaics of imperfections, where the brushstrokes of mistakes colour our existence. Just as we , as fallible beings , make errors in our judgement and choices , so we must confront the consequences of those missteps . Life , however , remains steadfast and unyielding, refusing to pause in the face of adversity .